The Student Room Group

iGCSE AQA Chemistry 8402 - 14th May 2015 *Post exam discussion*

Post-discussion on the AQA iGCSE Chemistry Paper 1 on 14th May 2015,

Why do nanoparticles need to be used in small amounts??

If there are other threads on this exam, please let me know,
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they have a large surface area to volume ratio
Reply 2
what did you put for the water one? i can't remember the exact question, but it was something along the lines of 'what observations are mae when ... is added to water'
Reply 3
Original post by liv1111
what did you put for the water one? i can't remember the exact question, but it was something along the lines of 'what observations are mae when ... is added to water'

The one about ammonia and taps? I thought it formed a white precipitate bu im not too sure
Reply 4
Original post by liv1111

Which one there was once about what do you observe when it reacts with one thing i forgot what it was but magnesium gets smaller and there's effervescence. The sodium hydroxide and aluminum one was a white precipitate is formed and i wrote about what happens in excess?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by loros
The one about ammonia and taps? I thought it formed a white precipitate bu im not too sure

yeah i put a white precipitate too :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ssh555
Which one there was once about what do you observe when it reacts with one thing i forgot what it was but magnesium gets smaller and there's effervescence. The sodium hydroxide and aluminum one was a white precipitate is formed and i wrote about what happens in excess?

yeah i put those answers too
Reply 7
how did you all find the aqa igcse chemistry exam?
Original post by loros
Because they have a large surface area to volume ratio

Yes! I put that!
Reply 9
Original post by liv1111
yeah i put those answers too

Is effervescence and hydrogen gas produced count or not? Damn im so worried:s-smilie:
Reply 10
what did people put for the last question on alcohols?
Reply 11
Original post by loros
Is effervescence and hydrogen gas produced count or not? Damn im so worried:s-smilie:

I guess so in the questions I did before that was an accepted answer so hopefully yes.
Original post by JGray99
what did people put for the last question on alcohols?

I put something along the lines of more carbon atoms so more forces and therefore harder to overcome
How did you all work out the energy change one? Did you times the joules by the moles or divide it?
Reply 14
Original post by sunnyrays07
How did you all work out the energy change one? Did you times the joules by the moles or divide it?

I multiplied them but it was meant to be divide as it was J/mole so it was something like 198947 i think
Original post by JGray99
I multiplied them but it was meant to be divide as it was J/mole so it was something like 198947 i think

I multiplied it too! But everyone divided it :frown: What did you get for the empirical formula?
Original post by sunnyrays07
I put something along the lines of more carbon atoms so more forces and therefore harder to overcome

I got that question completely wrong i think :frown: i realised afterwards but it was the longer the chain is the stronger the forces between the molecules and so the more energy needed to overcome them and so the higher the boiling point but im not sure
I got something like 3:1:3 for the empirical formula
Original post by loros

Your concept is right, however "hydrogen gas" is not something you'd see. You would have to say bubbling would be present as a result of hydrogen gas being produced because the question asked what can be seen during the reaction.
Reply 19
Original post by TheBlackHookage
Your concept is right, however "hydrogen gas" is not something you'd see. You would have to say bubbling would be present as a result of hydrogen gas being produced because the question asked what can be seen during the reaction.

Holy shizzle it's time for me to kiss that a* goodbye :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending