The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE SPANISH -15th May

Are you all ready for the listening and reading tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got a list of the most common themes/words etc for the listening and reading papers?

Also any advice on tactics for the listening and ways to go about it? (besides the obvious of listening to the recording of course)
Reply 2
Original post by dodgewc25
Anyone got a list of the most common themes/words etc for the listening and reading papers?

Also any advice on tactics for the listening and ways to go about it? (besides the obvious of listening to the recording of course)

there isnt really any common words/themes. You just have to keep doing practice papers and learn vocab.
Apart from doing practice papers i dont know any other ways to go about it, make sure you listen carefully and dont just write down the first word you hear because they like doing that a lot to try and trick you
Reply 3
There will probably be something on the Environment! There was really hard one on the French paper
Reply 4
Oh, and revise verbs too because they always use tricky verbs in the longer reading questions towards the end of the paper! Good luck everyone
Reply 5
its a bit late now but memrise.com is a really good site for learning the vocab list, i started doing it a few months ago and it has really helped
Reply 6

Out of all the past papers I've done in Spanish, environment seems to always come up! Definately revise the vocab for that just to be on the safe side :smile:
guys ik all the topics
i always use to get C and D but now i get A* in both reading and listening
I got A* overall in coursework
Original post by Zamara
Out of all the past papers I've done in Spanish, environment seems to always come up! Definately revise the vocab for that just to be on the safe side :smile:

ENVIRONMENT ALWAYS COMES UP!! its a topic there always 8 that come up
Reply 9
Original post by Sara_PLL
Are you all ready for the listening and reading tomorrow?

I have done a lot of past papers- reading and listening and just learnt vocab. I don't think that there is much else that you can do really.
Reply 10

In the five minutes reading time before hand just write down any key vocab for the topic (that will relate to the question)- then you will have something to listen out for
I thik Holidays will show up on listening - been two years since it's last real appearance. What do you guys think ?
Reply 12
health is most likely going to be in the listening,they used this theme a lot the past few exams
Yes i agree, perhaps a question of whats up with each individual person ? That sound reasonable ...
Reply 14
Im feeling pretty confident, i used to be terrible at spanish, however i have done every past paper in listening and reading and i achieved either a high A or A*! Looking forward to never doing spanish again!
Reply 15
do you guys reckon they'll be a first question similar to the one aqa french exam?
Original post by Zulq
do you guys reckon they'll be a first question similar to the one aqa french exam?

What was that ??
Woooooooo not ready!

Common themes include:
Health (Including lifestyle, dieting, illness, parts of the body etc.)

Relationships and Choices
Leisure and free time(including media and holidays)
Home and Environment (including environmental issues, the house, local area)

Work and education(including jobs and school)

THERE IS A LIST HERE of ALL the vocabulary you could possibly be tested on. I've used this list for the past year to prepare myself and it's been really helpful! Obviously it's impossible to ask you to learn all the words but it's not necessary! I don't know half of the words on here and I've still managed to get full marks or thereabouts in the mocks, but it's all about understanding the context and making inferences!
http://spanishatstmalachys.wikispaces.com/file/view/span_gcse_vocab_list.pdf/290033145/span_gcse_vocab_list.pdf

best of luck for tomorrow!
Original post by Zulq

I've heard that the spanish exam is usually easier than the French one. I study both languages too and my teacher told me that the level of French that you're required to be able to speak to get an A* is more difficult than the level of Spanish that you're required to speak to get an A*.

Are you talking about the listening paper or reading paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending