The Student Room Group

Body Mods

Just wondering who hear has some kind of body mods? (I do not mean peaced ears). So just wondering what do you have?
Did your parents know?
What were you were getting done?
How did they react when they found out?
How do you feel about it now do you regret it ?(I am taking about anything from a nose ring to some ink to some kind of cosmetic surgery).

tell me your story
I've got my septum pierced, my mum was so pissed off when she found out :teehee: then again I'm already the family disappointment so it can't get any worse :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A couple years ago I did a report on cultural beauty and body modification.
Bod mod is far different than just getting a shoulder tat or a nose piercing :lolwut: Bodmod always includes extreme pain for the goal, and it normally takes an excrutiatingly long time to perform the mod and to heal from it.

Bodmod is just that; modifying your body like

changing the shape of your cranium,
compacting your ribcage with addictions to corsets,
inserting things in your face to change the flatness or texture (getting silicon in your forehead to make 3D horn implants),
using surgical tools to augment the natural size of a body part (other implants: breast, calf, chest, bum)
cutting and scarring the body, then colouring the gashes so they heal into textured designs
foot binding
skin bleach

etc

it's basically flirting with disaster and potentially death just to pursue societal beauty standards/to intentionally rebel against them by extremely distorting your natural image.

That being said I don't plan on getting anything except possibly an extra pair of piercings in my ears :closedeyes:
I am not a teenager anymore and have far grown from the appeal of tattoos and naval rings and silliness like that.
I think naval rings are sexy also don't mind nose rings i really dislike flesh rings (or spacers) some please yell me HOW is that attractive?
I have 10 piercings now a total 5 on my ears, a lip piercing a belly bar and 3 adult piercings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest