The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History 6HI03/C2 - USA - June 8th 2015 Thread!

Hey guys!

I'm currently revising for this exam and I was wondering if anyone else was doing this exam too?

Also, if anyone could help me with a Part A and Part B structure for my essays, it would be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm also doing this exam and essay structure would be a massive help to me also!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Abby_M97
I'm also doing this exam and essay structure would be a massive help to me also! Posted from TSR Mobile

omg another person doing this exam! Hi! I'm honestly struggling with this so much aha :frown: do you have any predictions on what might come up? I was thinking social/political issues and the impact of WW2 or something
Reply 3
my teacher reckons impact of WW1 because it hasn't come up in a few years :~)
Reply 4
Is skipping the new deal a good idea?

I have looked through all the past papers and for section A an B you get a choice between a New Deal question and a question about the boom/depression/social problems in 1920s.
Are you guys doing the Boom Bust and Recovery unit?
Reply 6
Original post by stressedbrownboy
Are you guys doing the Boom Bust and Recovery unit?

Yes, I'm doing:
Unit 3 C2 the United States 1917-54: Boom Bust & Recovery
Original post by RTGSD
Yes, I'm doing:
Unit 3 C2 the United States 1917-54: Boom Bust & Recovery

Same. How far are you with your revision? Are you focusing on the controversy on Roosevelt/New Deal or the other?
Reply 8
Same. How far are you with your revision? Are you focusing on the controversy on Roosevelt/New Deal or the other?

I'm intending to focus on the events until the New Deal and so far I have reached Hoover's response to the depression so I think I'm almost done on content. So is revising just that part of the course what I should be doing?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RTGSD
I'm intending to focus on the events until the New Deal and so far I have reached Hoover's response to the depression so I think I'm almost done on content. So is revising just that part of the course what I should be doing?

Basically for section B (I think it's section B) they always ask one question from the Roosevelt section and one question regarding Hoover/the Depression so in essence it's possible to cut out some revision
Reply 10
I'm doing the New Deal instead of the Depression aha. I'm really struggling with the Part B essay structure and how to write out the paragraphs :frown:
Reply 11
Yay other people doing America! I think for the first question it will be Social issues and then something else. I'm banking on doing the Depression for the Part B question as that's not too bad. I agree with the guy above though, for the Part B you can focus on one topic area if you're stuck for time. With the first set of questions they always pick one from either Political and socialtensions, 1917-33 and then The economy of theUnited States in the1920s and then an option from the other two remaining.
Hi! Hopefully someone can settle a concern I'm just having! I'm not revising New Deal at all so will be doing a Depression topic question for Part B.

For Part A, as there is a choice of two questions, is it possible that they could both have an element of the New Deal in?. e.g One being the New Deal and the second being the New Deal in retrospect.
Original post by UNITED1411
Hi! Hopefully someone can settle a concern I'm just having! I'm not revising New Deal at all so will be doing a Depression topic question for Part B.

For Part A, as there is a choice of two questions, is it possible that they could both have an element of the New Deal in?. e.g One being the New Deal and the second being the New Deal in retrospect.

For part A it's always a choice between Units 2/3/4 and Units 7/8, thats what my teacher said anyway
Original post by florencegarnham
For part A it's always a choice between Units 2/3/4 and Units 7/8, thats what my teacher said anyway

Okay :smile: Thank you very much!
Just wondering, will there always be a non-economic question for the Part A? (by non economic I mean social tensions such as KKK or the red scare, prohibition, Mccarthyism)
Reply 16
Original post by thomaslawson1
Just wondering, will there always be a non-economic question for the Part A? (by non economic I mean social tensions such as KKK or the red scare, prohibition, Mccarthyism)

I think it depends. But predominantly I've seen that the first Part A question will focus on the prosperity of the 1920s and the social and economic effects of the boom and society during the 1920s, whilst the second question focuses on left and right wing critics, communism and WW2. Hope this helps :smile:
FOR ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT EXAM TECH BY A TEACHER ;
can you outline the exam structure of both essays please?!?!
Finally! People doing this topic! I'm so anxious that part B will be two New Deal questions I know its never happened and won't but still am fretting! Glad to see other people are focusing on the Depression too.
FOR ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT EXAM TECH BY A TEACHER ;
can you outline the exam structure of both essays please?!?!

Part A: clear focus ie first sentence needs to refer to the question directly
Good detail
Sustained analysis ie at the end of your point explain why the detail you have used adds to your argument.
Best way to do analysis is say clearly.(make a claim) And then Because.(explain your reason).....

Part B: talk about the sources as much as possible. I think there's 18 marks available for source use. But main point if you want to get in to L4 is to use the sources as arguments and not as evidence. Ie quote the argument of the source! And weave sources together and make a judgment using the sources!

Hope it helps 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending