The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Discussion for upcoming Physics GCSE - AQA units 2 and 3.
What are your predictions/concerns/hopes/questions for this exam?

Scroll to see replies

I have a terrible physics teacher so need to do loads of revision despite having 4 other exams that week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Good luck for this guys! I got an A last year in physics. Cred goes to my amazing teacher! Do lots of past papers. Really helps.
Original post by maryox
Good luck for this guys! I got an A last year in physics. Cred goes to my amazing teacher! Do lots of past papers. Really helps.

Past papers are useless this year. Atleast 75% of the questions for Bio and Chem have been language based. :mad:
i hate AQA
Reply 4
Original post by valbrechts
Past papers are useless this year. Atleast 75% of the questions for Bio and Chem have been language based. :mad:
i hate AQA

You can use them for other things such as managing time which is usually the issue. Also, you can practise the calculation based questions within the paper which help
What does everyone think the 6 marker will be?
Reply 6
Original post by Hollie1903
What does everyone think the 6 marker will be?

I think it'll probably be on the life cycle of stars :afraid:

Anyway, what do we need to revise?!
Original post by Kieran3
I think it'll probably be on the life cycle of stars :afraid:

Anyway, what do we need to revise?!

Sorry, I meant for unit 3 forget to put that :/ I sat unit 2 last year because I did core in year 9, additional in year 10 and now further additional in year 11... I have no idea what the six marker could be :/ :frown:
Reply 8
physics is definitely my weakest of the three sciences. honestly terrified for physics 2 and 3 i'm less worried but still scared for (i think it's a trend with me and the exams right now i've been finding the unit 3 exams much better than the unit 2s)
hoping life cycle of a star comes up as a 6 marker on unit 2 because i actually understand that
and unit 3 i'm predicting transformers
Reply 9
I think there will be a lot on electricity on P2, the 2014 paper had very little on it.
Original post by Techniko
I think there will be a lot on electricity on P2, the 2014 paper had very little on it.

There usually is quite a lot on electricity as the topic covers two chapters..
Luckily for me it's my strongest bit along with forces
with the Biology and Chemistry 2 & 3 units this year the 6 markers have tended to be describing an experiment or based on some information they give you which i absolutely HATE so I'm praying that something nice like "How do transformers work?" will come up. Unlikely though...

As far as i can tell there's never been a lot of P2.3 work and momentum topic so maybe they will do a 6 marker on how to find the weight of a beam? I wouldn't mind that.

For P3 i think a 6 marker about the eye and similarities/differences between the eye and a camera could be the one. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...
If it's on life cycle of stars I'll have a scram inside, I'd be so happy!
no point in doing any predictions...its as if AQA is reading this right now and purposely picking random q's to f*** us up :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by ibrahim24
no point in doing any predictions...its as if AQA is reading this right now and purposely picking random q's to f*** us up :s-smilie:

Omg aha.. Btw how did you find the 6 marker in Chemistry?
My physics teacher is predicting that Hooke's law will come up if that's any help:getmecoat:
Original post by Cherx
Omg aha.. Btw how did you find the 6 marker in Chemistry?

hmm I think I did quite good in the 6 markers for c2+3 (Cant say the same for biology), but I found the 1/2 markers harder in chem?:s-smilie::s-smilie: wbu?
Would someone be able to explain nuclear equations to me?
Original post by Scarllett

Hi

Here is a MyGcseScience video describing Nuclear Decay Equations.
https://goo.gl/xeWF0V

:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Scarllett

If an alpha particle (2neutrons and 2 protons) is emitted the mass number goes down by 4 and the atomic number goes down by 2. If beta radiation is emitted the mass number stays the same and the atomic number increases by 1 as a neutron turns into a proton and an electron is created too. Forgive me if this is incorrect.

Quick Reply

Latest