The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL or Uni. of Toronto??

hi, can anyone help me ?
I m a bit confused on where to go UCL or Uni. of Toronto Scarborough for computer science.
Reply 1
I would go to UCL -> good staff/student ratio ->sound int. reputation ->lower fees
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
University of Toronto scarborough is a former poly.... Please choose UCL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Toronto_Scarborough

UofT does have a good reputation for Computer Science,but you aren't going to have access to it unless you go to the main campus.

UTSC is also a massive commuter school, meaning its students mainly reside in the area and don't live near the campus. Its basically a massive high school and the way the campus looks reminds me more of a jail than a university.

I think i've just saved you from 4 years of sadness if you chose UTSC. Your welcome.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Okorange
University of Toronto scarborough is a former poly.... Please choose UCL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Toronto_Scarborough

UofT does have a good reputation for Computer Science,but you aren't going to have access to it unless you go to the main campus.

UTSC is also a massive commuter school, meaning its students mainly reside in the area and don't live near the campus. Its basically a massive high school and the way the campus looks reminds me more of a jail than a university.

I think i've just saved you from 4 years of sadness if you chose UTSC. Your welcome.

LOL..... thnxx
But i guess i cant go to UCL the fees and living costs are too damn high there as i m an international student(indian),
Original post by aryanrulezz
LOL..... thnxx
But i guess i cant go to UCL the fees and living costs are too damn high there as i m an international student(indian),

Well do you have other options?
Reply 5
Well do you have other options?

well i m will settle somewhere in india....

No I mean do you have any other universities that accepted you?
Reply 7
No I mean do you have any other universities that accepted you?

Uni. of Manchester
Uni. of Birmingham
Kings College london
Uni. of Manchester
Uni. of Birmingham
Kings College london

Maybe Manchester or Birmingham are cheaper but better options. I wouldn't pick UTSC.
Reply 9
Maybe Manchester or Birmingham are cheaper but better options. I wouldn't pick UTSC.

k thnxx
k thnxx
a good friend of mine got into university of Birmingham for Computer Science this year, he choose this over other well established schools like KCL and UCL, maybe look at the content of the courses and see which you like better?
Reply 11
IF i were you(btw also from india), i would go for uni. of birmingham as my first choice and 2nd choice i would choose the college which gave you an offer and has the least requirements

but canada will be cheaper than UK and thats a major factor for us..i would consider it well though
Reply 12

If you have gotten IIT, BITS , VIT , DTU , NSIT you are better of doing ug from there as they are way cheaper and you can apply for master in the UK
If you can afford it though, doing undergrad abroad makes you more versatile on the job market. You gain a set of social and personal skills that you just wouldn't be staying in your home country.
Reply 14
After completing my BSc of computer science for UCL can I apply to IVY universities (MIT, Harvard , Stanford) of USA?
Because I heard that to apply to IVY universities you need a 4 years degree but UCL gives 3 years degree
After completing my BSc of computer science for UCL can I apply to IVY universities (MIT, Harvard , Stanford) of USA?
Because I heard that to apply to IVY universities you need a 4 years degree but UCL gives 3 years degree

I'm sure you can, i don't think they need a 4 year degree. Since there are many unis around the world that award 3 year degrees.

Unlike some countries like Australia (who offer 3 year Bachelors), most of UK's courses (and almost certainly ones at UCL) are BSc with honours.

Also, if you're an international student like me, I believe UCL's cheaper especially because you'll only be paying for three years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending