The Student Room Group

How to avoid bulking

How do you get rid of stubborn fat and get lean muscles by lifting weights without bulking up.

Should you just stick to cardio or if you lift weights how heavy and how many sets and reps also when and how often should you eat. How often should you train?

I want lean muscles like athletes boxers etc..
Keep lifting weights - if you're a beginner, just keep lifting however you usually lift. If you don't usually lift: train with enough frequency to hit the major muscle groups 2x/wk; medium intensity; medium volume.

Cardio is always useful when trying to reach your weight loss goals. :smile:

In terms of diet: you'll want to calculate your TDEE (google a calculator) subtract some sum off that (let's say 250) and aim to eat that amount. If after 2 weeks you haven't lost any weight, take even more calories off - use the school to balance out the estimate of the calculator! Keep protein intake high; keep carbohydrate intake existent; keep a small amount of fat in your diet. And you're good to go!
lift heavy + caloric deficit, you won't bulk up if you're in a calorie deficit
(edited 8 years ago)
By not bulking :dontknow:
Original post by SmashConcept
By not bulking :dontknow:

I know right lol
Reply 5
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Keep lifting weights - if you're a beginner, just keep lifting however you usually lift. If you don't usually lift: train with enough frequency to hit the major muscle groups 2x/wk; medium intensity; medium volume.

Cardio is always useful when trying to reach your weight loss goals. :smile:

In terms of diet: you'll want to calculate your TDEE (google a calculator) subtract some sum off that (let's say 250) and aim to eat that amount. If after 2 weeks you haven't lost any weight, take even more calories off - use the school to balance out the estimate of the calculator! Keep protein intake high; keep carbohydrate intake existent; keep a small amount of fat in your diet. And you're good to go!

Original post by Greg Jackson
lift heavy + caloric deficit, you won't bulk up if you're in a calorie deficit

Pretty much these.

i'd also consume the most carbs on training days and on days off keep carbs low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest