The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ok thanks. BTW i love france it seems so friendly to me:smile: i was there 2 days ago
Reply 2
Hi,

No they're not - at least not going by what I've just seen on TF1's 8 o'clock news.

- Hope it helps :smile:,

- me.

PS: To anyone who watches TF1: Am I alone in finding Harry Roselmack really good as newsreaders go? Then again... Patrick Poivre-d'Arvor is great and I'm not sure who I'd choose between them!
Reply 3
No, they're not and nor are the Swiss. The reason for this is that schools and Universities in France and Switzerland ended on the 22nd (more or less). Therefore, we are given an extra week of holidays. As a result, Universities and schools will open on the 15th of January (more or less).
Reply 4
Last year my exams started on the 3rd, and class resumed on the 10th :confused: I was at Sciences Po in Bordeaux.
Reply 5
BeeT
No, they're not and nor are the Swiss. The reason for this is that schools and Universities in France and Switzerland ended on the 22nd (more or less). Therefore, we are given an extra week of holidays. As a result, Universities and schools will open on the 15th of January (more or less).

Hmm... my UK uni stopped on the 14th of December and starts back on the 15th of January.
Reply 6
Lib North
Hmm... my UK uni stopped on the 14th of December and starts back on the 15th of January.

How very luck! one whole month of holidays!!! *sniff*
Reply 7
wesetters
So did ULIP, but that was after a change in dates (originally term ends 23rd december and starts 8th jan, and we'd all bought tickets home already :frown: )

Ouch.

Well, we have exams before Xmas... so that kinda explains why we break up so early. That said, it feels like years since I've been to any sort of class/lecture etc considering exam leave beforehand.
Reply 8
Lib North

:frown:

Broke on the 22nd of December - due back on the 3rd of January :mad:
Reply 9
What a delightfully interesting thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending