The Student Room Group

Failing ? Lacking motivation

so far i have completed 3 AS exams economics, psychology, and c1 maths. Idk why but got a feeling that ive done bad in all of them and know for sure i failed the maths exams. i have lost all motivation, find it hard to study etc and feel like giving up . What should i do ?
Keep studying! Make up for the bad exams with the others!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JDHOrchard
Keep studying! Make up for the bad exams with the others!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what if i done so bad in the first 3 exams which makes it hard to get decent grades
Not if you smash the other exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
I revise and work at my subject like a bitch so that I can beat other people, maybe you would also like to beat people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no point in giving up. If you can get good grades in the remaining exams you could always resit the ones that didn't go well. Also you might find that they weren't as bad as you thought :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by DestinySky
There's no point in giving up. If you can get good grades in the remaining exams you could always resit the ones that didn't go well. Also you might find that they weren't as bad as you thought :smile:

thats a good point :smile: but i don't think i can retake as the spec is changing ?
You should carry on studying and trying. If you're going to give up at the first hurdle what's the point of doing it all? And even if you think you did badly, I'm sure there are other units that you can do well in, and can improve your grade.

I was in the exact same position as you last year, where I gave up after my first exams, and I honestly regret it because if I didn't give up and actually tried doing better, I wouldn't have so many retakes this year...

But you just have to try and not give up :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by tom294
thats a good point :smile: but i don't think i can retake as the spec is changing ?

Yeah you can't.
Reply 9
Original post by tom294

you can, according to my biology teacher the board will do one more paper next year for retakes:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by tom294
so far i have completed 3 AS exams economics, psychology, and c1 maths. Idk why but got a feeling that ive done bad in all of them and know for sure i failed the maths exams. i have lost all motivation, find it hard to study etc and feel like giving up . What should i do ?

I'd assume you haven't even done half of your exams yet. So no, don't give up. Work really hard on the remaining ones so that they can boost your grade up. Then next year you could retake these 3 to end up with a really high mark overall in AS. Trust me, as an A2 student who didn't do well in their AS exams it means you have to work extra hard in the second year so it is very much worthwhile grinding revision now. It is only going to be another month or so then you can relax, start A2 and enjoy summer! It will be worth it. You CAN do it! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest