The Student Room Group

Edexcel Igcse English literature

Hi, i made this so we could revise english literature together if anyone wants to, im doing mice and men and inspector calls. What about the rest of you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hmm inspector calls could be seen as a pro feminist text that's quite unique
Original post by Manny_khalae
Hmm inspector calls could be seen as a pro feminist text that's quite unique

What are your views on the inspector?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strangerdanger
What are your views on the inspector?

I personally think the inspector is genuinely good hearted (throw in alliteration ) albeit brusque and unlikely protagonist in the play. (Here you could provocatively argue that it is the inspector who is the protagonist and the Burlings the antagonists for their bad behavior) he is society's moral conscience, he is essentially Priestly mini self who is sophisticated before his time. Add a dash of "this leads readers to question whether" to make it snazzy.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahaha well said, these are some great points tbh

Ok, what factors make up a great essay ?
Tbh I've noticed (after reading a lott of exemplars) that examiners get very impressed by strong vocabulary even if your arguments aren't that convincing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahaha well said, these are some great points tbh

Ok, what factors make up a great essay ?
Tbh I've noticed (after reading a lott of exemplars) that examiners get very impressed by strong vocabulary even if your arguments aren't that convincing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I definitely agree about the vocabulary. Just strong introduction and list your points, like if the title was what is Eva Smiths significance in the play, I'd start with an introduction that goes like "Priestly intends for Eva Smith's significance to be that of a dual looking glass to present his views of gender, class and morality in contrast with the post Edwardian character's. This can be deduced from Eva Smiths notable absence." Or something like that and then 3/5 peze paragraphs (point evidence zoom explanation) and a conclusion which is reiterating your points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girl you gon ace this shiz!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i need serious help with OMAM and romeo and juliet we literally got told last minute we all had to sit the exam on monday and we done no revision what so ever in school. The teacher goes you can get a G grade and its fine but i want atleast C if its possible. Aaarrrrghhhh im so mad at themm, like why tell us last minute😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you understand both of the texts properly?
How many times have you read them ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, how can I improve my essay vocabulary in two days lol ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Practice the exam trying to include some sophisticated vocab. By the time you've done exam number 3, you'll have imporved the vocab..

What are everybody's predictions for A View From the Bridge and Of Mice and Men questions?...
No i dont understand the text which is why im so annoyedd
Can you guys tell me like how to structure me answer, what to include and any tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mice and men would be curley i thinkk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mice and men would be curley i thinkk

What's your reasoning behind that?
He hasn't come up before and they haven't repeated anyone up till now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predictions for A View From A Bridge???? And state your reasoning please
Sorry, I don't know anything about "a view from a bridge"

Btw lets list key quotations from of mice and men and inspector calls ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing mice and men, but not inspector calls
pm?
Inspector calls:

"Cheap labour"
"A friend of mine went over this new liner last week - the Titanic - she sails next week - forty-six thousand eight hundred tons - forty-six thousand eight hundred tons - New York in five days - and every luxury - and unsinkable, absolutely unsinkable."
(Since Mr. Birling is very likely to come up, we can use this quotation to show his shallow mindedness and ignorance)

But take my word for it, you youngsters - and I've learnt in the good hard school of experience - that a man has to mind his own business and look after himself and his own
(He thinks of himself as a very knowledgeable and experienced man)

Public men, Mr. Birling, have responsibilities as well as privileges.

We don't live alone. We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other. And I tell you that the time will soon come when, if men will not learn that lesson, then they will be taught it in fire and blood and anguish. - inspector

"I suppose we're all nice people now" -sheila
(When the rest of her family is relieved about the inspector being a hoax)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending