The Student Room Group

My School & My Mental Health

Hi,

Looking for advice on this one. I don't feel like going into much detail about causes but I will touch briefly!

Okay so, I was bullied in my first high school, moved to a second high school and was made a victim of sexual abuse for a year and put up with bullying that happened after that. Moved to a third high school and discovered I had anxiety and panic attacks.

The past two years have been very hard for me, as there were so many days I couldn't even open my eyes and get out of bed because my anxiety was so bad. I've had countless therapists and my current one has been helping a lot. Due to the anxiety, I didn't attend school much. At first I got a lot of support, but as it came to year 11 the teachers and head of year and safe worker stopped bothering with me. I'd get yelled at on the days I felt as though I could come to school, had countless emails with requests for them to send me work home ignored, meeting after meeting with false promises being made to me, etc.

Now it's finally hit exams my head of year refused to give me my exam timetable unless I came into school every day (which is a very cruel thing to do) and didn't even know what exams I was entered for. Because of this lack of support, I'm only taking the core subjects at GCSE (which does give me 5 but even so) and they can't even tell me what room I'm in for my exams. It's more like "come in and wander around the school until you find it yourself". As well as this, the safe worker often sits there and says "you won't cope in college. if you can't come here how can you go there? How will you get the grades?" And things like that, which get me very down.

Would it be worth making a formal complaint after exams are over? I have had no support and have been subjected to emotional bullying continuously by the staff at my school. Can anyone help me with who I would write to about this? What would I even say?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would follow the school complaints procedure, maybe write to your school governors and maybe one to ofsted too (or at least threaten them with that) but definitely file one as teachers should not be behaving in that way and make sure you use words in your letter that makes it clear how much harm they ve done to you. Hope it gets better once you leave that awful school:smile:
It times of despair great characters are determined. But, more importantly, warriors are created.

Carrying on fighting through this. You will look back On this phase and recognise it as a factor which has made you the resilient, strong individual you are.

Stay strong and prosper - Gunnarsunn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks so much for the responses guys! I'm so scared in case I'm accused of lying or exaggerating the truth or just being touchy:frown: I think I will write a formal letter to ofstead though, that seems like a wise idea. If I've been made a victim of this bullying, who else has too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by binkierose
Thanks so much for the responses guys! I'm so scared in case I'm accused of lying or exaggerating the truth or just being touchy:frown: I think I will write a formal letter to ofstead though, that seems like a wise idea. If I've been made a victim of this bullying, who else has too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't accuse you of anything:smile: you re right, by making a complaint you could protect others from further bullying and hopefully no one will have to go through what you did again :smile:
definitely complain, your school should have been making provisions for months to enable you to get as much education as possible while you are struggling... and they certainly shouldn't withhold your exam timetable and use is as a threat, that is disgraceful...

Quick Reply

Latest