The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Postgraduate Accommodation Help 2015!!

Hi :smile:

I'm starting at NTU as a postgraduate in September studying an MSc in Applied Child Psychology......anybody else out there?!

I'm struggling with accommodation choice and was after any advice at all for postgraduates please?

I'm looking at Gill Street North (postgrad G block) but was wondering if private accommodation is a more popular option with postgrads??

Any help or advice would be great, thanks in advance!! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi!

I chose private accommodation (Russell View), since it was cheaper and it looked much better than the Uni options. I.e, a large studio at Russell View is now the same price as an ensuite at Gill Street North. I'd advise you to make your mind up rather quickly though, many accommodations are already fully booked.

When it comes to postgrads, there seems to be hardly any activity by them in social media groups at all, so it's hard to know what's the most popular opinion amongst them. However, I'd assume that many postgrads chose the 'safe' University option though, but it was too expensive for me.

I know there's at least one more postgraduate living in Russell View, and I'm sure there's others who are not active on the social media sites.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey. I'm Varsha and I'm 23. I have received an unconditional offer for MSc psychology. I will decide upon it soon. I hope I'm not out of option when I look up for accommodation.
Reply 3
Original post by MariusSL
Hi!

I chose private accommodation (Russell View), since it was cheaper and it looked much better than the Uni options. I.e, a large studio at Russell View is now the same price as an ensuite at Gill Street North. I'd advise you to make your mind up rather quickly though, many accommodations are already fully booked.

When it comes to postgrads, there seems to be hardly any activity by them in social media groups at all, so it's hard to know what's the most popular opinion amongst them. However, I'd assume that many postgrads chose the 'safe' University option though, but it was too expensive for me.

I know there's at least one more postgraduate living in Russell View, and I'm sure there's others who are not active on the social media sites.

Thank you for your reply :smile: you're right it is a bit tricky to source postgrad advice on accommodation!!I had reserved a room with iQ online but decided last minute to take a trip up to Nottingham to have a little look around....I decided on a room in Goldsmith Court which is really nice and run by lovely people!! So yeah I decided on the private halls in the end.Thanks again :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Varsha91
Hey. I'm Varsha and I'm 23. I have received an unconditional offer for MSc psychology. I will decide upon it soon. I hope I'm not out of option when I look up for accommodation.

Hi Varsha,

Congrats on your offer!!

I was in Nottingham looking for accommodation last week and many private halls were either fully booked or had very few options left. I would advise you make up your mind sooner rather than later so you can secure accommodation if you do decide on NTU.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Hey,
I just wanted to check with people that on the website it's definitely showing you guys postgraduate accommodation, because for me it was showing undergraduate, and saying brackenhurst was full when it wasn't. So maybe it's a good idea to check incase it's not just me.
Reply 6
Original post by Meg-17393
Hi :smile:

I'm starting at NTU as a postgraduate in September studying an MSc in Applied Child Psychology......anybody else out there?!

I'm struggling with accommodation choice and was after any advice at all for postgraduates please?

I'm looking at Gill Street North (postgrad G block) but was wondering if private accommodation is a more popular option with postgrads??

Any help or advice would be great, thanks in advance!! :smile:

Hi Meg,
Am an international and enrolled for Msc Psychological Well Being and Mental Health. am at Gill streeet North Block G. hope we'll meet in Sept.
Reply 7
Am booked at Gill Street North Block G. enrolled on Msc Psychological WB and MH
Reply 8
Original post by coco75
Hi Meg,
Am an international and enrolled for Msc Psychological Well Being and Mental Health. am at Gill streeet North Block G. hope we'll meet in Sept.

Hi,

Yeah maybe we'll have a few lectures together :smile:
Reply 9
Hope so.Are you already booked at Gill Street?
Reply 10
Original post by coco75
Hope so.Are you already booked at Gill Street?

No I'm all booked up to stay at Goldsmiths Court :smile:
I'm looking at shared houses in the area as the private halls are kinda out of my price range per week :-/ will be over next month to view a couple of places :-)
Original post by coco75
Am booked at Gill Street North Block G. enrolled on Msc Psychological WB and MH

hey. im booked at gill street north G block as well. My room number is G231
Hi! Guys please guide me to find a private accomodation too.
I can pay 50 to 65 per week inclusive of bills.
I am selected for MSc. Chemical Engineering this Sept
Original post by shahbazali4u
Hi! Guys please guide me to find a private accomodation too.
I can pay 50 to 65 per week inclusive of bills.
I am selected for MSc. Chemical Engineering this Sept

Hi shahbazali4u,

I am looking for a replacement tenant for an en suite study bed room in a flat of 4 persons in Goldsmith Court Nottingham, at 110 pounds per week, which includes utilities, wifi, content insurance. It has its own laundry room, share kitchen/diner and TV. It is newly renovated and only 5 minutes walk away from Nottingham Trent University. I was wondering if any one of you are interested or you have friends who are interested? If not, can you please help me to ask around cause I could not fulfill my BPTC requirements and hence not able to continue my contract. Also, I am an international student, thus lack connections from people who are studying or going to study in Nottingham. : ( Please help. Thank you for your kind attention and your assistance would be very much appreciated!

Michelle
Original post by Varsha91

Hi Varsha,

I am looking for a replacement tenant for an en suite study bed room in a flat of 4 persons in Goldsmith Court Nottingham, at 110 pounds per week, which includes utilities, wifi, content insurance. It has its own laundry room, share kitchen/diner and TV. It is newly renovated and only 5 minutes walk away from Nottingham Trent University. I was wondering if any one of you are interested or you have friends who are interested? If not, can you please help me to ask around cause I could not fulfill my BPTC requirements and hence not able to continue my contract. Also, I am an international student, thus lack connections from people who are studying or going to study in Nottingham. : ( Please help. Thank you for your kind attention and your assistance would be very much appreciated!

Michelle
Hey guys, I need help finding accommodation, any advice as to where I can get a studio student accommodation near Clifton Campus Nottingham Trent? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending