The Student Room Group

Warwick, Exeter, Sheffield for Political Theory?

Hi everyone

I received offers to study master degree in Political Theory from University of Warwick, Exeter and Sheffield. I want to know which one should I accept an offer. As an International student, I don't know much about inside informaton, but I know that Warwick usually has highest rank among the three, Exeter has a lovely campus and Sheffield is in a city centre. I don't want to say this, but I pay tuition fee myself and it's kind of investment. I wanna know that if I can't pursue my career as a lecturer, which University would give me a kind of 'privilege' that will make it easier to find job in my country. Really regret to ask something like this because I love political science so much, but I need to know that my investment would not wasteful.
Univeristy prestige is important at the graduate level. The name of your university will matter. And in your list, Warwick has got the most prestige -- it is a solid top 8 uni in the UK.
Depends on what you want to do afterwards, but for theory I think Sheffield has the strongest department among the three.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending