The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Open Day 2015

Booked my place to go a few days ago on the 5th of June. Anyone else going? Or has anyone else been in the past? Feeling a little nervous about it!
Reply 1
I've booked for the 6th :-) I've been before to an offer holder open day - no need to be nervous - it's very relaxed and well organised - lots of people there to help and you can wander around at your own pace! I had a lovely day hence why I'm going again to have another look! Enjoy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Any things in particular that you'd recommend to see/ do? Either in the university or just generally in Exeter?
Apart from the obvious subject talks and stuff like that😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by west1806
Any things in particular that you'd recommend to see/ do? Either in the university or just generally in Exeter?
Apart from the obvious subject talks and stuff like that😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say have a good walk around the campus.. Get a feel for it.. Have a drink in the bar etc. if you use the park and ride, you get a good journey from the arena to the uni so get to see a little bit of the surroundings. We went for a coffee in town and shopping as seeing that is important too. It was good to have a walk around the shops on campus to see what they do - had a look around the library etc. Just use it to explore all of the things you've had on your mind - and ask questions! I asked some ambassadors who are doing my course about the subject and what to expect and they were very helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lpben
I would say have a good walk around the campus.. Get a feel for it.. Have a drink in the bar etc. if you use the park and ride, you get a good journey from the arena to the uni so get to see a little bit of the surroundings. We went for a coffee in town and shopping as seeing that is important too. It was good to have a walk around the shops on campus to see what they do - had a look around the library etc. Just use it to explore all of the things you've had on your mind - and ask questions! I asked some ambassadors who are doing my course about the subject and what to expect and they were very helpful :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!! I shall listen to your advice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by west1806
Thank you!!! I shall listen to your advice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My 2nd time going to uni so have done a few open days in my time! Hopefully my advice will serve you well :-) Enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also going on the 6th :smile: exeter's already my firm choice and it'll be my first time going - excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sebster12
I'm also going on the 6th :smile: exeter's already my firm choice and it'll be my first time going - excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one :-) what subject you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lpben
Nice one :-) what subject you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

English Lit and Drama :biggrin: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Sebster12
English Lit and Drama :biggrin: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice subjects.. :-) Law for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm going on Saturday, slightly nervous but excited too! Seems surreal that I am actually looking around a University, I don't feel old enough!!
Hey :smile: does anyone know how long the park and ride takes from westpoint to the Streatham Campus?? And how often they come?? Thanks
Selling 2x return train tickets from London Paddington to Exeter St Davids (one with 16-25 railcard discount) - ideal for those wanting to go to this open day!

Outbound leaves on Friday 4th Sept (day before) at 16:36
Return leaves on Saturday 5th Sept at 17:07, via Bristol Parkway

I'm selling them dead cheap because I need to get rid of them (no longer going to the open day!)
£30 ONO and they're yours! :smile:
Original post by JoePhillips
Selling 2x return train tickets from London Paddington to Exeter St Davids (one with 16-25 railcard discount) - ideal for those wanting to go to this open day!

Outbound leaves on Friday 4th Sept (day before) at 16:36
Return leaves on Saturday 5th Sept at 17:07, via Bristol Parkway

I'm selling them dead cheap because I need to get rid of them (no longer going to the open day!)
£30 ONO and they're yours! :smile:

Hi, I don't need the train tickets but would you mind possibly forwarding your open day ticket to me by email as I lost mine somehow and they haven't replied to send me a new one and I'm so worried I won't be able to go and my parents have booked a hotel!:-(
Original post by alexandraxmarie
Hi, I don't need the train tickets but would you mind possibly forwarding your open day ticket to me by email as I lost mine somehow and they haven't replied to send me a new one and I'm so worried I won't be able to go and my parents have booked a hotel!:-(

Hi,

I'll try and find my ticket from my email trail now. I'll reply asap if I find it! :smile:

Found it! I'm not entirely sure how you'll be able to use it for the presentations you want to see though... It's got a booking number in my name and has presentations for FCH and biosciences. If you can make use of it then please do!
Original post by JoePhillips
Found it! I'm not entirely sure how you'll be able to use it for the presentations you want to see though... It's got a booking number in my name and has presentations for FCH and biosciences. If you can make use of it then please do!

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

My email is [email protected] :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you so much! :biggrin:

My email is [email protected] :smile:

Just sent :smile:
Reply 18
anyone else booked to go on open day tomorrow and decided not to go - if so, could you email me your ticket please ....... had a nightmare trying to get booked on!!!!!
I only really started looking at Exeter a couple weeks ago and didn't realise there was an open day tomorrow. Gutted about missing it as I really wanted to take a look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending