The Student Room Group

He has a girlfriend, but...

Hi guys,
So there's a guy at work who flirts with everyone (just suggestive comments). However the things he says to me are different, he talks about how I'd be an amazing wife and how he'd love to be with me. Plus I've walked in on him talking to his friends about what he'd do to me on more than one occasion, and he doesn't talk about other people like that unless they're in the room to laugh about it, and even then it's not the same as what he says about me when I'm not around.

The thing is, he has a girlfriend. They've been together a long time and he doesn't seem to love her any more; he sleeps on the sofa, she 'forbids' him from going out, she monitors his texts, etc. The reason he stays with her seems to be because their finances are intertwined, plus it's a habit because they've been together for so long.

The thing is, I really like him and I want a relationship. I don't know what I can do. Thoughts?

TL;DR I like a guy who has a girlfriend, and although he's not outright said he likes me, he's more than implied it. I want to be with him and don't know how to proceed.
Hmm I think you better stay away until he bails out of his existing relationship. It's not looking good for him and he should decide to end it
Nope, you don't want someone like him. He needs to stay faithful to his girlfriend or just leave her. Who's to say he won't do the same to you? You need to be careful and don't get your feelings too caught up in him. He sounds like he's just behaving this way to cope with his own relationship issues
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,
So there's a guy at work who flirts with everyone (just suggestive comments). However the things he says to me are different, he talks about how I'd be an amazing wife and how he'd love to be with me. Plus I've walked in on him talking to his friends about what he'd do to me on more than one occasion, and he doesn't talk about other people like that unless they're in the room to laugh about it, and even then it's not the same as what he says about me when I'm not around.

The thing is, he has a girlfriend. They've been together a long time and he doesn't seem to love her any more; he sleeps on the sofa, she 'forbids' him from going out, she monitors his texts, etc. The reason he stays with her seems to be because their finances are intertwined, plus it's a habit because they've been together for so long.

The thing is, I really like him and I want a relationship. I don't know what I can do. Thoughts?

TL;DR I like a guy who has a girlfriend, and although he's not outright said he likes me, he's more than implied it. I want to be with him and don't know how to proceed.

Cheat!!!!!! Er

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think you should not do anything for now cos first of all he hasn't told you he actually likes you neither has he told you he is leaving her. For all you know he is probably just messing around with you. If he wants to get serious with you he will take action :smile:
Don't do it, stay away from him.

I had a friend in a similar situation, she started working at a new shop and a guy who worked there showed interest in her and started sleeping with her, then she found out he had a girlfriend and a child. Despite this, they stayed seeing each other, his girlfriend even found out and he said he would end it with my friend. He told my friend he would split up with his gf eventually, but she would take his car and stop him from seeing his child, so he had to stay with her for 'the time being'. Obviously, this didn't happen, he ended up leaving my friend and is now engaged to his gf.

I've rarely heard of situations where this would work out. If you are that interested in him, wait until he is single.
Reply 6
sounds like a creep, find someone else
He has a girlfriend. Full stop, no buts.

That should tell you loud and clear that he is off bounds OP, don't do it. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending