The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography B GCSE Exam - 19th May

case study predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ciarayh
case study predictions?

hoping for like ecosystems in Theme 2 and desertification - that would be brill... but I doubt wjec will be easy on us:s-smilie:
My Geography teacher thinks counter urbanisation in South Shropshire or Access to Services (excluding retail) which would be the Barcelona Case Study for the Theme One. Then Rainforests for Theme Two but I don't like the rainforests, I would rather have the 2003 European Heatwave or the Great Storm of 1987!
Reply 3
Hello, does anyone know where the OCR geography past exam papers are? I cant find any on the website! Heeeeelp
Reply 4
Original post by anii_
Hello, does anyone know where the OCR geography past exam papers are? I cant find any on the website! Heeeeelp

http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/qualification-resources.html?subject=GeographyB&level=GCSE&pastpaper=true
Reply 5
Counter urbanisation isn't a case study so don't think that will be there!
Reply 6
What do you think will come up?
Reply 7
can anyone tell me which are the most appropriate case studies to use for the first case study question on the 2014 theme1 and 2 paper wjec spec B
What were the questions?

Original post by johnnnnny
can anyone tell me which are the most appropriate case studies to use for the first case study question on the 2014 theme1 and 2 paper wjec spec B
Reply 9
A case study about retail change in one urban area:• Name the urban area.• Describe retail change in this urban area.• Explain the reasons for this retail change.Or,(ii)A case study about one planning issue:• Name the planning issue.• Describe the planning issue.• Explain why there is a range of views about this issue
Retail change: Leicester (eg. building Haymarket Shopping Centre, Highcross etc.)

Planning Issue: 3rd runway at Heathrow airport

A case study about retail change in one urban area:• Name the urban area.• Describe retail change in this urban area.• Explain the reasons for this retail change.Or,(ii)A case study about one planning issue:• Name the planning issue.• Describe the planning issue.• Explain why there is a range of views about this issue
Original post by exams1
What do you think will come up?

I'm hoping for coasts or river flooding/management for theme 2, don't really mind for theme 1 but migration our pressure from visitors wold probably be best
i havent done any of those case studies, i have done london docklands redevelopment and ikea would they be ok?
Original post by OliveTree98
My Geography teacher thinks counter urbanisation in South Shropshire or Access to Services (excluding retail) which would be the Barcelona Case Study for the Theme One. Then Rainforests for Theme Two but I don't like the rainforests, I would rather have the 2003 European Heatwave or the Great Storm of 1987!

Ecosystems came up in 2014 so I doubt something similar like rainforests would come up this year, but you never know...
i havent done any of those case studies, i have done london docklands redevelopment and ikea would they be ok?

they don't care what area you do as long as your information is correct so those two sound fine if you know them well enough
Reply 15
Desertification and causes/effects of river flood for theme 2 case studies. Ecosystems for short questions. Rural-urban migration and access to housing for theme 1 case studies and maybe access to services for short answers.
For my WJEC Geography B does anybody have any predictions of what may come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Bigg39
Desertification and causes/effects of river flood for theme 2 case studies. Ecosystems for short questions. Rural-urban migration and access to housing for theme 1 case studies and maybe access to services for short answers.

This actually sorta came true! Well done genie
Reply 18
Which case studies were they?
I did the rural to urban migration case study, and i went blank so made one up. Would migrating to london count?? Talking about jobs and facilities etc?? I loved the rest of the paper though
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest