The Student Room Group

boyfriends family

My boyfriends mother (single) brother (28) take advantage of him so bad. They expect him to do everything around the house and pay for a lot of things. The brother just sits outside all day every day smoking and eating . He has social problems but the mother just lets him sit around and free load. It bothers me because my boyfriend is a very hard worker and they think he is an atm. My boyfriend does everything for them and dosent realize any of this. I am very scared that they are going to do this there whole life and i dont know if i should move forward in the relationship
Original post by juliana1234
My boyfriends mother (single) brother (28) take advantage of him so bad. They expect him to do everything around the house and pay for a lot of things. The brother just sits outside all day every day smoking and eating . He has social problems but the mother just lets him sit around and free load. It bothers me because my boyfriend is a very hard worker and they think he is an atm. My boyfriend does everything for them and dosent realize any of this. I am very scared that they are going to do this there whole life and i dont know if i should move forward in the relationship

if you and your boyfriend are going strong, you shouldn't let this be a problem, it sounds like an awkward situation but try not to get to involved you are meant to care, but at the end of the day your boyfriend is the only person that can do anything about it! let him know how you feel see if he can relate, maybe encourage him to say something? just make sure you are there for support it cant be easy for him, just don't push the idea too much just bring up the subject and talk it through it with him :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending