The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Can I get into LSE (Graduate, MSc Finance and Economics)

Hi everyone, thanks for checking out my thread. I just wanted to ask because I have been googling for a while, trying to find a thread where a Canadian student is applying for a masters at LSE so that I could get more information on ideal candidates. I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd make a post myself.

I should first say that I am about enter my third year this fall, just finished my first two years, so these stats can change and I have time. I'm really just looking for any tips/thoughts on improving my chances for top graduate schools either locally or internationally, not just LSE. If you have anything to add, criticize, please feel free to post it.

Here are my current stats:

- 80% average in BSc Computer Science and Mathematics (double major), honours (I am looking to improve this)
- EC's include:
- Board Member/Volunteer web developer for non profit in my city (3 years)
- Vice president of charity campus club (will be for 3 years)
- Ton's of programming projects related to variety of fields (Astronomy, finance etc, I know this probably doesn't mean d**k but just wanted to put it out there)

The LSE Canadian page states the minimum requirements are a B+ average (77%), which they translate to a 3.3 GPA. So an 80% is an A- average, and translates roughly to a 3.5 (?).

Do I even have a chance at being a competitive applicant for gradschool at LSE?

Thanks for reading.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending