The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
Well to be honest mate there is not much in the way of gay clubs or bars. I have lived here almost all my life and i only came across one, and me and my friends didnt realise it was gay til one guy chatted up a mate (well tried to) lol. Unfortunately i do not remember what it was called
University of York
York
Toffs on a Sunday is gay night. Apparently.
There's at least one gay in every college, I believe. Rumours state that the only gay man in Goodricke was forced to become the LGBT rep.
Reply 4
I'm sure there's way more than one gay guy per college. There are two societies in York, LGBT and Pride; the former handling social events and the latter involved with rights and campaigning, as I remember. Might be the other way round, but meh. As mentioned above, Toffs has a gay night, and alongside that LGBT organise other socials to places like Leeds, gay pubs & bars, and places around campus pretty regularly.
Everyone here is gay.

Well it seems that way anyway. As someone said, Sunday is gay-night at Toffs, and Toffs is one of the main clubs here so I think that quite a few people go.

I'm on the LGBT mailing list (long story... don't ask) and they email me periodically to ask if I want to go to wine tasting evenings and other gay things like that.

I get the impression that there's quite a sound gay community here. They all seem to know each other pretty well.

York doesn't have a huuuuge nightlife, so the gay nightlife is inevitably quite limited but there is a fair number of happy homosexuals here. :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for everyones responses, feeling more positive about going to York all the time now.

At least it wont be an only gay in the village situation

Latest

Trending

Trending