The Student Room Group

Feeling worse than even.

Over two weeks ago my girlfriend, kindly told me over internet video that our relationship was over. After 1 and half amazing years it was sudden and very unexpected. Only a few days before we were happily talking about spending time together in the holiday. She just said she didn't feel the same way before :frown: I respect this, I wish it could of gone another way though :frown: She was now over 2 and a half hours away (I'm in Manchester, she's in another University), she has recently been in hospital, and that was the last time I'd seen her, in pain, nothing I could do to help :frown:, I travelled down in the middle of my exams, slept over half an hour away from her (hospital wouldn't let me stay :frown:) but I was there for her. I know she went through alot of stress during hospital and I know she has now got alot of work to catch up with, but i just want to be there for her, to care for her, to love her.

Words cannot describe how it feels. She met with me a few days later after she told me in the town we spent most of our relationship in to describe why what happened, happened. Sadly I still dont feel 100% sure why it happened. We were so so close before university. We were talking about spending the third year industrial placement together in our own flat/home :frown: New years eve and the following week was suppose to be our alone time, just me and her and my flat :frown: We even spoke of engagement in the near future...This is what is hurting most.

I miss her so so much :'( It's two weeks on and it's still hurting beyond belief. I sob each night, anything I look at reminds of her. I just don't how to deal with this, I can't handle this. I've been so close to hurting myself, and I don't tell you this for attention, please don't think this, but merely because I don't want to end up doing that to myself, i thought I was so much strong mentally. I know some of you say "she's not worth hurting yourself over" but I'm not the person I once was. I'm hurting all through the day, I can't keep my mind off of her, I can't concertrate. Christmas just wasn't christmas and I'm deversated cause I feel my emotion ruined christmas for my family. I've just started to learn the piano to try take my mind off the situation, and at times it works, other times, I just stirs up the emotions even more.

I don't know what to do. I'm so so sorry if I sound silly or pathetic and I know to alot of you will think this. But she's my world, and I just don't know how to handle this. She says she still wants to be friends and keep in touch. She was unset when I said that I didn't think we'd see each other again before of the pain it'll cause. I know friendships after a relationship is the muddiest of water, but I really want to stay in touch. The way she expressed herself when we were together made me feel complete, she made me feel that she really cared and loved me, and I felt the same back.

I just don't know what to do :frown:
I'm sorry, I just need advice.
hey, i totally know how u feel. me and my bf broke up in well, officially aug, but we carried on talking like we were going out until nov, and it's only now, when i'm truely movinog on with my life.

we were going out for 1 and a half years and we really thought we woul get married. planned the wedding, kids etc etc.

a couple months ago i was feelingo sooo bad, everything reminds me of him, esp cos i am still in the same place physically as when we were going out, going past the places we always went.

i just wold not move on, until a cuople weeks ago when i decided to stop tortuing myself. i would alwyas think we would get back together, and think of all the gd times we had, and cry every day.

the best thing to do in this situation is to just try to move on, cos ure just prolonging ure hurt. spend more time with ure friends, do stuff u woldn't nomally do if u were going out with her. make new memories with new people and new situations. i figure that i need a life completely separate and new from him. but accept it will hurt, and it will for a gd long time.

can u accept it is over? that is what held me back for a long time. that is the first step in healing...

basiclaly what i found out is the best thing to do is to totally cut them out of ure life. i've only just startoed it, since new year. but already i feel such a difference. i still want to be friends ultimately, but u have to live a little and live ure life separately and get over it before it can happen. i wold suggest cutting her out totally, probly only for a couple months...6 months??

i hope i mite have helped a little.

hugs, and gd luck

xxxx
Reply 2
Part of me wants to get over it, but most of me can't accept it. I can't imagine my life without her, without spending the amount of time we did together, even just looking forward to getting back from Uni to hear her voice over the phone.

I'm trying so hard to move on, but it just carries on hurting. I force myself to do something, but then I always remember why I'm doing it, to try and get over the women I love. I miss her so much :frown:

Thank you though.

Latest

Trending

Trending