The Student Room Group

I'm a Human AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiytt
It's my plan! I often have doubts in my ability to achieve as such, though. :frown:

*snip*

So, my advice to you is, even if you yourself were spoilt and had a paradisical upbringing, emphasise the importance of education and good manners, "force" her to take up a hobby that she can benefit from in the long term, but most importantly, put her before all else and make her feel loved. A lot of children turn out bitter and spiteful because they lack a close bond with either of their parents, and are perhaps subconsciously neglected when the parent(s) prioritise other things over their child; having the ability to confide in my mum and knowing she'd offer her non-judgemental support regardless, put me in a healthier mindset whilst both at home and school.

*snip*

Sorry I've written quite a novel there, but there you go. Hope the answers suffice and thanks for asking. :smile:

Came in this thread to troll because I didn't read your OP and thought this was yet another silly AMA, instead of you pointing out how ridiculous they are.. left with life advice and faith in humanity restored.

My parents also unfortunately split up and I stayed with my father. It started me down a path of skepticism of modern-day marriage (hence my username :colone:).

With a ~50% divorce rate it seems many men are wary of marriage these days. Without the incentives of strong marriage and family these men aren't working as hard as possible to be productive citizens and good providers for their future families. When you get older you'll notice lots of "Where have all the good men gone?" articles in the media. I'm hoping that women and society will realise that more needs to be done to strengthen marriage. I'm also not religious but my experiences have led me to believe that strong marriage and strong nuclear families - as encouraged by Biblical Christianity - are the bedrock of civilization.

Regarding your first line - there was a quote I liked at my gym: “Whether you think you can or can’t, you are right” - Henry Ford. Take it from someone who, like your sister, also got into Oxbridge (except I have better grades than her :colone:) - you are wise before your years, intelligent, and - provided that you work hard and believe in yourself - can achieve your dreams, whatever they may be. :smile:

There's no need to apologise. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your thoughtful response. :smile:
Original post by BCMFM16
J'aime ces chansons, je les acheterai

I really glad I did gcse French :biggrin:
Original post by StrawbAri
I really glad I did gcse French :biggrin:

It is a good language to speak :h:
Reply 43
Original post by MarriageSucks
Came in this thread to troll because I didn't read your OP and thought this was yet another silly AMA, instead of you pointing out how ridiculous they are.. left with life advice and faith in humanity restored.My parents also unfortunately split up and I stayed with my father. It started me down a path of skepticism of modern-day marriage (hence my username :colone:).With a ~50% divorce rate it seems many men are wary of marriage these days. Without the incentives of strong marriage and family these men aren't working as hard as possible to be productive citizens and good providers for their future families. When you get older you'll notice lots of "Where have all the good men gone?" articles in the media. I'm hoping that women and society will realise that more needs to be done to strengthen marriage. I'm also not religious but my experiences have led me to believe that strong marriage and strong nuclear families - as encouraged by Biblical Christianity - are the bedrock of civilization.Regarding your first line - there was a quote I liked at my gym: “Whether you think you can or can’t, you are right” - Henry Ford. Take it from someone who, like your sister, also got into Oxbridge (except I have better grades than her :colone:) - you are wise before your years, intelligent, and - provided that you work hard and believe in yourself - can achieve your dreams, whatever they may be. :smile:There's no need to apologise. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your thoughtful response. :smile:

No, thank you! I am surprised you had the energy to read through all that...

I never intended for this to become an actual AMA either; assumed it'd be deleted within ~5 minutes :redface:

I am sorry to hear your parents did the same :frown: I have actually met very few people IRL that have divorced parents, strangely.

I do believe the sustainability of marriage is entirely dependent on the circumstances of the couple. My dad worked in London whilst my mother lived 100 miles away; we only saw my dad at the weekend, which is mostly they split up. You can't always predict the situation you'll be in 2, 3, 4, etc. years down the line.

Again, thanks for the kind words :colondollar: I assume you mean you got into Oxbridge? If so, that's incredible, well done! :smile:

Original post by BCMFM16
It is a good language to speak :h:

I'd love to learn to speak it fluently once I have the time!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kiytt
No, thank you! I am surprised you had the energy to read through all that...

I never intended for this to become an actual AMA either; assumed it'd be deleted within ~5 minutes :redface:

I am sorry to hear your parents did the same :frown: I have actually met very few people IRL that have divorced parents, strangely.

I do believe the sustainability of marriage is entirely dependent on the circumstances of the couple. My dad worked in London whilst my mother lived 100 miles away; we only saw my dad at the weekend, which is mostly they split up. You can't always predict the situation you'll be in 2, 3, 4, etc. years down the line.

Again, thanks for the kind words :colondollar: I assume you mean you got into Oxbridge? If so, that's incredible, well done! :smile:

I'd love to learn to speak it fluently once I have the time!

I could teach you! :tongue:
How big is your penis?
Reply 46
Original post by Protégé
How big is your penis?

Depends on whether you look at it with 3D glasses or not

Original post by BCMFM16
I could teach you! :tongue:

How much do you charge per hour??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kiytt

Girth? In meters pls.
Reply 48
Original post by Protégé
Girth? In meters pls.

9.11m
Original post by Kiytt
9.11m

My condolences.
Reply 50
Original post by Protégé
My condolences.

It's tough. If I was maybe 10m, I'd feel as if I at least have a place in the lower ranks of society; but no. I am forever an outcast.
Original post by Kiytt

How much do you charge per hour??

Just for fun on tsr lol
Reply 52
Original post by BCMFM16
Just for fun on tsr lol

You'd have your work cut out for yourself, in that case..

Quick Reply