The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick bus ride 1 hour?

Hello, I've just read somewhere that second years in Warwick apparently have to take a 1 hour bus ride to get to campus. If this is true it will mean I will definitely not be going there.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

That is not true perhaps it could be propaganda manifested by some idiots of inferior intellect
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Magnus Taylor
That is not true perhaps it could be propaganda manifested by some idiots of inferior intellect

Thanks, do you go there? I would really appreciate some insight into how it's like living there and stuff because I can't decide between Warwick and Bath atm (firmed Warwick but there are ways around that).
An hour to reach the borders of campus, and then a further hour to navigate your way through random Warwick students who will stop you to emphasise how exceptional the uni is, how it's on par with the Golden Triangle, etc. So, remember to get up early! :wink:
an hour is an exaggeration, however the u1 was absolute **** at coming on time this year, and in the south you may be standing at a stop for ages waiting for a late one. its so irritating, i think people on here dont really talk about the effort of the bus from leam to campus and back enough.
University of Warwick isn't actually in Warwick. The nearest rail stations are Canley on the West Coast main line and the soon-to-be-reopened Kenilworth. Both 20 mins walk away
That's probably true, if you live as far away from the university as you practicably can (wrong end of Leamington), and you do it whilst there's road works going on, at rush hour. At no point in my second year did it take me more than ten minutes to get onto campus.
Original post by BlueSam3
That's probably true, if you live as far away from the university as you practicably can (wrong end of Leamington), and you do it whilst there's road works going on, at rush hour. At no point in my second year did it take me more than ten minutes to get onto campus.

do you regret never living in leamington? i made the foolish mistake of thinking i would, sigh. more first years need to be educated on it i think, probably the most over-hyped thing about warwick university.
Reply 8
Original post by BlueSam3

Thanks. Is there a reason why everyone don't choose a nearer location? I can't imagine people choosing to live ~1 hour away and then complaining about how long it takes. If I can't guarantee getting a near location then I'll have to go for bath. I really want Warwick but this has put me off.
Reply 9
Original post by welcometoib
do you regret never living in leamington? i made the foolish mistake of thinking i would, sigh. more first years need to be educated on it i think, probably the most over-hyped thing about warwick university.

Ah, so is the reason people choose Leamington because of its reputation? I don't think that will be a problem for me then.
Only if you chose to live an hour away..

My boyfriend goes to Warwick and lives about twenty minutes away from campus (walk, not bus). It wasn't hard for him to find his house either.
Original post by johnperp
Ah, so is the reason people choose Leamington because of its reputation? I don't think that will be a problem for me then.

well yeah obviously lol. the same two and three clubs are crap after a while, the north is just for rich students to walk around and shop.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Only if you chose to live an hour away..

My boyfriend goes to Warwick and lives about twenty minutes away from campus (walk, not bus). It wasn't hard for him to find his house either.

kenilworth and canley are dead because of finalists and second years mocking it and hyping up leamington.
kenilworth and canley are dead because of finalists and second years mocking it and hyping up leamington.

They're dead because they're holes, really :tongue: But of his friends living in Leamington, they don't seem to much like it there. It's easier to live closer to campus and travel a bit for a night out than have an hour-long commute every day, after all.
Reply 14
Great, thanks for the replies. :smile:
They're dead because they're holes, really :tongue: But of his friends living in Leamington, they don't seem to much like it there. It's easier to live closer to campus and travel a bit for a night out than have an hour-long commute every day, after all.

correct, is he on campus next year?
correct, is he on campus next year?

No - third year so graduating. Was on campus in first year but has been in Canley since.

His housemates staying on for their masters are staying put, but that's more to do with not being bothered to look elsewhere I think :lol:
No - third year so graduating. Was on campus in first year but has been in Canley since.

His housemates staying on for their masters are staying put, but that's more to do with not being bothered to look elsewhere I think :lol:

yeah there is also a stereotype that the peeps not in leamington are anti social maths/stem/masters/phd students lol. ah well lucky him, how has he found warwick all in all? its a mixed bag haha.
yeah there is also a stereotype that the peeps not in leamington are anti social maths/stem/masters/phd students lol. ah well lucky him, how has he found warwick all in all? its a mixed bag haha.

Haha well I suppose that stereotype isn't too far from the truth looking at his housemates..!
& He's absolutely hated every minute of it. But I don't think that's to do with Warwick (doesn't like his subject but stuck with it as he's extremely good at it and didn't know what else to do). He'd have felt the same wherever he went, I feel.

Definitely overhyped. Canley is the best place to live if you can for ease of travel to campus. Leamington's not all that great. Didn't like living there 2nd year. I'm on campus again this year and it's way easier. I go to leam now and then too so I get a break from the bubble, but wouldn't want to be forced to go back everyday. It's only good for a break and going for re recreation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending