The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

University of Ulster accommodation?

hello, im hoping to study Interactive multimedia design next year in university of ulster, jordanstown:smile: when should we apply for accommodation? im thinking getting a standard ensuite in Dalriada Student Village but i dont know if they are too far way from the university and nightclubs etc for me?
Reply 1
Hey, I'm hoping to go there next year as well, you can apply for accommodation any time as I applied for mine a couple of weeks ago. The Dalriada Student Village is also a very short walk to the university.
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Do any of you know how you could find out the amount of days you will be on campus for classes? I'm hoping to study History with Education full-time there this September and I'm unaware whether I should book accommodation if I'm not going to be in classes a lot throughout the week.
Original post by joseph_s96
Do any of you know how you could find out the amount of days you will be on campus for classes? I'm hoping to study History with Education full-time there this September and I'm unaware whether I should book accommodation if I'm not going to be in classes a lot throughout the week.

If you email the course director and ask if they have any idea about a timetable just to help you decide on booking accomodation! I done the same and they told me this years timetable to give me a better idea!
Original post by chloemccormickk
If you email the course director and ask if they have any idea about a timetable just to help you decide on booking accomodation! I done the same and they told me this years timetable to give me a better idea!

That's great. Thanks! I've emailed them already but haven't heard back from them yet. What email did you use when you were contacting them? What are you studying?
That's great. Thanks! I've emailed them already but haven't heard back from them yet. What email did you use when you were contacting them? What are you studying?

I hope to get into the leisure and events management course so I emailed the Ulster business school and heard back the next day from them! Is your course in coleraine too? And where would you be applying for accomodation if you had to?
I hope to get into the leisure and events management course so I emailed the Ulster business school and heard back the next day from them! Is your course in coleraine too? And where would you be applying for accomodation if you had to?

I found the Course Director's email, thanks. Going to email him in the morning. Yep I'm going to be going to Coleraine to do History with Education, in hope to continue on and do a PGCE History start teaching. I'll probably stay in the Dalriada Halls for the first year to make some new friends, depending on the amount of days I'll actually be required on campus. How about you?
I found the Course Director's email, thanks. Going to email him in the morning. Yep I'm going to be going to Coleraine to do History with Education, in hope to continue on and do a PGCE History start teaching. I'll probably stay in the Dalriada Halls for the first year to make some new friends, depending on the amount of days I'll actually be required on campus. How about you?

I was thinking on going to agherton because I know a girl who was there this year and loved it but not too sure! Might go to the open day before I decide for sure where to stay!
I was thinking on going to agherton because I know a girl who was there this year and loved it but not too sure! Might go to the open day before I decide for sure where to stay!

Sounds good :smile:
Is it far from the Coleraine campus? I was thinking of going to the open day too - would help me make a decision and open my choices.
Sounds good :smile:
Is it far from the Coleraine campus? I was thinking of going to the open day too - would help me make a decision and open my choices.

It's a couple of miles away and there is a bus that goes to the uni from it too which saves having to drive over and find parking each day! The open day will be helpful
It's a couple of miles away and there is a bus that goes to the uni from it too which saves having to drive over and find parking each day! The open day will be helpful

I must check that out too. I might see you there at the open day! Thanks for the help anyway :smile:
Hey,

Are you still searching for accommodation in Belfast? We offer John Bell House, Swanston House and Great Patrick Street, all of which are located in the heart of Belfast City Centre and are proving popular with students from the local universities.

Our prices start from £99 per week and include high speed WiFi, all bills and contents insurance. You can book online and we'll allocate a room of your choice within 24 hours! Take a look and do let us know if you have any questions :-).

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/belfast

Quick Reply

Latest