The Student Room Group

Who am I to him?

You may have seen me post a few threads about this guy but I'm in agony trying to figure out what to do.
Just this Wednesday I texted this guy Ive been on/off with since October asking for a lift to the train station. He quite happily gave me one, but we spent 3 hours together (the drive there is less than 10 minutes), I missed 6 trains just being with him because I prioritise him over everything.
He has repeatedly said that he doesn't want a relationship yet he acts like he does.
We are always cuddled up, kissing, he says cute things, he he'll stop kissing me just to stare at me in they eyes, he'll kiss me on the forehead, and so much more. I love being with him in person, and this Wednesday gone by he finally opened up about his past, and his dad and mum and he hasn't told anyone that (except his ex who he left me twice for, but it is all gone and forgotten) He will even drive an hour to come see me to take me to maccies late at night to drop me off home an hour later then go for an hours drive back. He pays and everything. And hes always asking to see me, I just don't have a lot of time to see him because of exams.
But then I'll find out hes more than happy to chat up girls on tinder, girls I know but he doesn't know I know. Ive spoken to him about this and he just screenshotted his matches to me, as if I was delusional. And we've argued about other girls before and hes cut them off but then he just finds new girls to speak to and I don't know what to do. I cant pick up on every girl he speaks to because not only does it make me seem crazy (I probably am ngl) but its not my place to say anything either because we aren't actually together. But he snapchatted me last weekend and in the background was pink curtains and I am certain he was in a girls room. (due to circumstances I can not be bothered explaining, I know he would not be at any girls house as a friend)
And yesterday I deliberately stayed in (we are both the type to go out drinking every weekend and pull people) because I realised I don't want to be with anyone else but him, and he went out with his friends. Although he didn't pull anyone, he kept winking at one of the girls I know (who begged my source not to tell me so people know about me and him, its not secretive at all) and got his mate to chat her up for him so no one could feed back to me that he was chatting girls up
So he's sneaky and I know hes sneaky, and he enjoys his freedom which is why I'm trying to let him have it but I don't know what to do. He goes to the UK in a week (he is in the army and so is my dad, so we are based abroad) and wont be back until my exams have finished, so maybe it will get better when I have more time for him?
But what am I to him? Am I a toy (I still have not slept with him and refuse to until I know it will mean something to the both of us) or does he have feelings for me? He had a messy breakup with his ex (because of me I guess, although I was not directly involved) so maybe his head is messed up? I don't know, I need help.
Reply 1
I forgot to mention that I am in sixth form and he is two years older in the army, so he doesn't quite understand why I have to spend so much time revising and I think he thinks it is just an excuse not to see him
Reply 2
he is just waiting to add you to his list of girls he has done then will get rid of you. sorry the truth hurts
Reply 3
Original post by jlsmp
he is just waiting to add you to his list of girls he has done then will get rid of you. sorry the truth hurts

Loooooool I just died 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
tl;dr

Aren't you the same person who thought that their heart was in their vagina?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3317143

Yes you are.

Reserved.

Go back to your revision.
Reply 5
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
tl;dr

Aren't you the same person who thought that their heart was in their vagina?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3317143

Yes you are.

Reserved.

Go back to your revision.

Its an expression, google it.
Original post by grapes12
Its an expression, google it.

okay
He sounds a bit like Hannah Montana tbh. He wants the best of both worlds. Even though he treats you in a girlfriendy type way and kisses you and seems like he goes out of his way a bit to speak to you he says he doesn't want a relationship and talks to other girls on tinder and gets his friends to chat up other girls for him in a sly way so you don't find out.

It doesn't seem like he knows what he wants or is a player and it seems like you're far more invested in him than he is prepared to be in return.

Maybe you need to speak to him again to know where he is for a final time. It seems like you're liking him more an more and I think you should find out where you stand now rather the later, before you fall for him more.

If he still says he doesn't want a relationship then you need to ask him to stop sending you mixed messages and kissing and cuddling you when he doesn't want you to be together because it will only make it harder for you to stop liking him and you'll just be going round in circles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by channies
He sounds a bit like Hannah Montana tbh. He wants the best of both worlds. Even though he treats you in a girlfriendy type way and kisses you and seems like he goes out of his way a bit to speak to you he says he doesn't want a relationship and talks to other girls on tinder and gets his friends to chat up other girls for him in a sly way so you don't find out.

It doesn't seem like he knows what he wants or is a player and it seems like you're far more invested in him than he is prepared to be in return.

Maybe you need to speak to him again to know where he is for a final time. It seems like you're liking him more an more and I think you should find out where you stand now rather the later, before you fall for him more.

If he still says he doesn't want a relationship then you need to ask him to stop sending you mixed messages and kissing and cuddling you when he doesn't want you to be together because it will only make it harder for you to stop liking him and you'll just be going round in circles

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like Ive brought it up too much though, he'll find me annoying and stupid and I really don't want him to leave AGAIN, because I think it will hurt more than it hurts now.
I feel like Ive brought it up too much though, he'll find me annoying and stupid and I really don't want him to leave AGAIN, because I think it will hurt more than it hurts now.

If he finds you annoying and stupid for asking where you stand then you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with him any way because he should want to be with you and not find it a burden to discuss the possibility of you being together.

Also I missed the bit before in your post when you said he left you twice for his ex, that doesn't seem like a good situation to be honest. If he broke up with you twice for someone else, it leads me to believe that he doesn't care for you as much as he should and he might not want to be committed to you
You may have seen me post a few threads about this guy but I'm in agony trying to figure out what to do.
Just this Wednesday I texted this guy Ive been on/off with since October asking for a lift to the train station. He quite happily gave me one, but we spent 3 hours together (the drive there is less than 10 minutes), I missed 6 trains just being with him because I prioritise him over everything.
He has repeatedly said that he doesn't want a relationship yet he acts like he does.
We are always cuddled up, kissing, he says cute things, he he'll stop kissing me just to stare at me in they eyes, he'll kiss me on the forehead, and so much more. I love being with him in person, and this Wednesday gone by he finally opened up about his past, and his dad and mum and he hasn't told anyone that (except his ex who he left me twice for, but it is all gone and forgotten) He will even drive an hour to come see me to take me to maccies late at night to drop me off home an hour later then go for an hours drive back. He pays and everything. And hes always asking to see me, I just don't have a lot of time to see him because of exams.
But then I'll find out hes more than happy to chat up girls on tinder, girls I know but he doesn't know I know. Ive spoken to him about this and he just screenshotted his matches to me, as if I was delusional. And we've argued about other girls before and hes cut them off but then he just finds new girls to speak to and I don't know what to do. I cant pick up on every girl he speaks to because not only does it make me seem crazy (I probably am ngl) but its not my place to say anything either because we aren't actually together. But he snapchatted me last weekend and in the background was pink curtains and I am certain he was in a girls room. (due to circumstances I can not be bothered explaining, I know he would not be at any girls house as a friend)
And yesterday I deliberately stayed in (we are both the type to go out drinking every weekend and pull people) because I realised I don't want to be with anyone else but him, and he went out with his friends. Although he didn't pull anyone, he kept winking at one of the girls I know (who begged my source not to tell me so people know about me and him, its not secretive at all) and got his mate to chat her up for him so no one could feed back to me that he was chatting girls up
So he's sneaky and I know hes sneaky, and he enjoys his freedom which is why I'm trying to let him have it but I don't know what to do. He goes to the UK in a week (he is in the army and so is my dad, so we are based abroad) and wont be back until my exams have finished, so maybe it will get better when I have more time for him?
But what am I to him? Am I a toy (I still have not slept with him and refuse to until I know it will mean something to the both of us) or does he have feelings for me? He had a messy breakup with his ex (because of me I guess, although I was not directly involved) so maybe his head is messed up? I don't know, I need help.

He left his ex for you...what makes you think he won't leave you for someone else?? He's a player! Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's playing you, he'll hurt you again, but if you are this attached to him you probably wont be able to leave until he does, so if i were you i'd just wait for him to break your heart so you can move on.

Good luck :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
He's playing you, he'll hurt you again, but if you are this attached to him you probably wont be able to leave until he does, so if i were you i'd just wait for him to break your heart so you can move on.

Good luck :frown:

Wait for him to break my heart? What kind of advice is that...

Original post by StyleIcon
He left his ex for you...what makes you think he won't leave you for someone else?? He's a player! Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a bit more complicated than that, but in a nutshell yes. He left her twice for me and me twice for her. Hes come back to me the third time and well, as far as I know, shes out of his life. He said he was confused and she was extremely controlling so much so that he felt it was his duty to be with her, then he snapped out of it and realised what he wanted.
Do you think this is bs?

If he finds you annoying and stupid for asking where you stand then you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with him any way because he should want to be with you and not find it a burden to discuss the possibility of you being together.

Also I missed the bit before in your post when you said he left you twice for his ex, that doesn't seem like a good situation to be honest. If he broke up with you twice for someone else, it leads me to believe that he doesn't care for you as much as he should and he might not want to be committed to you

You have a point I guess :frown:
I've tried to pluck up the courage to leave 3 times now but I cant do it because I'm so attached to him. Its embarrassing and tiring
Wait for him to break my heart? What kind of advice is that...

Sorry, it sounds silly, but you sound like you are smitten with him and he is not with you, so you can either leave and wait to get over him on your own for whatever amount of time it takes or you can stay with him and wait for him to break your heart. As you are it doesn't sound like you will find it easy to get over him, so it will be much easier if you hate him for breaking your heart.
:smile:

He has repeatedly said that he doesn't want a relationship

Well that seems to clear it up for me. Good job answering your own question.
Reply 15
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Well that seems to clear it up for me. Good job answering your own question.

Its not as simple as that
He sounds a bit like Hannah Montana tbh

:rofl: This one sentence alone, completely taken out of context, has made my evening.

Yeah OP, I don't think this guy can be trusted, it feels as though he's playing with you whilst he sorts himself out over the previous break up. Of course his intentions may be completely the opposite but from what you've written it just doesn't seem right. Good luck with it all though :redface:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:rofl: This one sentence alone, completely taken out of context, has made my evening.

Yeah OP, I don't think this guy can be trusted, it feels as though he's playing with you whilst he sorts himself out over the previous break up. Of course his intentions may be completely the opposite but from what you've written it just doesn't seem right. Good luck with it all though :redface:

Hahaa, i'm glad :h:
Its not as simple as that

Sounds it to me.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending