The Student Room Group

CfE Higher Chemistry

Hadn't seen a thread so thought I'd make one for discussing stuff

Scroll to see replies

How is everyone feeling about chemistry?
image.jpg How do you do question 19? I'm not getting the answer which is apparently C. Should it not be A?
This came up in 2003 past paper and I remember it is a 12 and 6 one (looking at it yeah it's A) which is annoying because they lifted it from that paper and put the wrong letter in specimen- it doesn't take into account balancing the non-oxygens as well as the oxygens
Original post by UncertainPhoton
This came up in 2003 past paper and I remember it is a 12 and 6 one (looking at it yeah it's A) which is annoying because they lifted it from that paper and put the wrong letter in specimen- it doesn't take into account balancing the non-oxygens as well as the oxygens

That's great! It's been annoying me because I was like I'm sure it's 12 and 6! Thank you!
Reply 5
image.jpgHow do you do question 16 in specimen paper. Any help would be great :smile:
image.jpg
Attachment not found
Does anyone know how to do these questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Steviee09
image.jpgHow do you do question 16 in specimen paper. Any help would be great :smile:

You divide the enthalpy by five and then times it by two
Reply 8
Original post by Charlotte B
image.jpg
Attachment not found
Does anyone know how to do these questions?

For the second question,
volume= 10cm3 ---> 0.01 litre
molar volume = 24
number of moles = 0.01/24 = 0.0004

Mole Ratio is 2:2 so the number of moles of HCL is 0.0004
image.jpgHow do you do this question?
How did everyone find that exam?
How did everyone find that exam?

I didn't find it too challenging and multiple choice seemed easier than past papers (minus a couple of questions). I really should have revised GL chromatography though.
Original post by penguined
I didn't find it too challenging and multiple choice seemed easier than past papers (minus a couple of questions). I really should have revised GL chromatography though.

I wasn't to keen on some of the multiple choice questions and the calculations in section b.
Reply 13
Can anyone remember what they got for any of the section 2 questions?
For the table for question one I put London dispersion forces and then permanent dipole-permanent dipole
For the table for question one I put London dispersion forces and then permanent dipole-permanent dipole

Yeah I put those aswell :smile: was there a mistake for the last question of question 1? I couldn't work it out as the both have the same intermolecular forces

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by sweatpea_98
Yeah I put those aswell :smile: was there a mistake for the last question of question 1? I couldn't work it out as the both have the same intermolecular forces

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put L.d.f. and covalent for the network one?

for the other q 1 part its because sulfur forms 8 bonds whereas phosphorus only forms 4 so the l.d.f are stronger in sulfur
First question was really strange. I have multiple choice answers and also wrote down the answers to some of my calculations if anyone wants to compare?
Original post by WithoutMuchHope
First question was really strange. I have multiple choice answers and also wrote down the answers to some of my calculations if anyone wants to compare?

That would be great!
I put london forces and covalent and then at the last minute of the exam scored out covalent and wrote permanent dipole dipole interactions (I think that was implied by the term 'attractions' so I'm glad I changed it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending