The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science Diploma - difficult to study?

Hey All,

So I have been offered a place to study Paramedic Science, (diploma) at Swansea.

However I am now worried if I am academically capable of passing the bloomin course. I'm a mature student and I haven't studied for a long time. My background : I have gained a Computer Studies Degree about 10 years ago, a BTEC IT diploma and about 5 GCSEs excluding maths. No healthcare qualifications.

Maybe I am worrying a little bit too much but I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how you found your studies? I am quite tempted to read up on a bit of course material before the course commences? How technical does the course get?

I just feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I really want this.

Kind Regards
Hi,

If you have a facebook account then there's a group for the 2015 entry students for swansea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

Yes, I'm in a similar situation. I'm nearly 32 and haven't been academic since I was about 21. If you see what I mean. I did a BA in Education and all my A-Levels were science based but I've not done anything that I feel has 'stretched' my brain in quite a while!!I've got a place at Swansea so I guess I'll see you next Monday (I've got multicoloured hair so say hi!).. We can be old and confused together!!Do you attend SJA or anything? My current job is all hours so I've not managed to attend at all, so although I have an EFAW certificate, I feel woefully unprepared! Hopefully that will all change!@Happy_Holidays, I've requested to join but noone's accepted me! Please can you do it if you're able? It's Bella Romain :smile:

Thanks..
Hi,

Afraid I haven't got the option to accept you. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest