The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

So I've been trying to find a thread for this exam for a while, but there hasn't been one so I've made it. How are you guys finding preparing for this exam? What cultural topics are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

My essays are finally going well :biggrin: they've gone from D to A (took a while to get the knack of writing them!)
We did Le Petit Prince for the oral, and for the essay we've studied La Haine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's so hard! I find the little prince essays very difficult to write :frown:
Original post by Han24
It's so hard! I find the little prince essays very difficult to write :frown:

What did you have to talk about in the oral? We did le PP but only needed it for the oral and not the essay (Thank God!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys doing AQA? We had to discuss Un Sac de Billes and Amélie in the oral and i will be writing my essay on Amélie providing the questions are ok
Reply 5
---
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lemxn
I'm going to focus on translation and writing mainly for revision, and try to find some useful listening and reading exercises which is hard with the lack of past papers.

However I have found past papers (some with mark schemes, transcripts and sound files) from 2003, 06, 07, 08 and 10. They are a different specification and look a bit harder but the layout for translation is the same and the essay questions are similar.

I have put all files here and will update if I can find more papers:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ehhuo3nhcruwh/AQA_A2_FRENCH_PAST_PAPERS

Does anyone have 2009 or 2011 past papers? (and mark schemes/sound files if possible)

I did Un Sac de Billes as well but won't be looking at it again (boring!!) I will be doing Les 400 Coups/Francois Truffaut for the essay which is alright but you are so lucky you get to do a film which is actually good, I love Amelie!

yes i adore Amelie, it makes essay writing so much easier when you get to talk about something you really enjoy. Thanks for that link by the way, i was wondering what i was going to do because I've already done the three papers on the website.

If anyone has done last years paper by the way, did you all find it harder than previous years and then wonder why the grade boundaries were so much higher too?
Reply 7
Does anyone have any predictions what metteur en scène writing questions will be? I know it won't be about techniques since they did that last year

I'll probably be doing La Haine because the vocab is really hard for The Little Prince :frown:
Reply 8
Pretty nervous for the reading and listening but feeling fairly confident for the essay, I'm doing Le Petit Prince. I'm just preparing by doing past papers and writing practice essays.
Original post by lafleur96
Does anyone have any predictions what metteur en scène writing questions will be? I know it won't be about techniques since they did that last year

I'll probably be doing La Haine because the vocab is really hard for The Little Prince :frown:

We do La Haine and did Le PP for the oral. Do you like La Haine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really wanted to do Le Petit Prince but my teacher has forced us to study L'etranger all year.

There are no words for how much I hate this book.
I'm doing la guerre d'Algérie and L'Enfer by Claude Chabrol. My teacher has picked two cultural topics that nobody else seems to study. If anybody wants a list of 100 sentences to translate into French on the text book topics that I found let me know. It is good to know that other people are doing French since I'm the only one in every single one of my subjects. I did last years paper for my mock. The reading, listening and translations were fine. It was just my essay. I hope the essay questions are okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
We're doing Languedoc-Roussillon and Les Petits Enfants du Siècle.
I'm hoping the region essays will be good because I really don't want to write about the book.
I'm doing "le petit prince" and "Amélie" I would like to do an essay on PP but it is quite hard compared to Amélie, will very much depend on the questions for me i think!
Reply 14
Original post by kate_maria
. If anybody wants a list of 100 sentences to translate into French on the text book topics that I found let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please :smile:
Reply 15
Have you guys chosen just one cultural topic to revise for or two? We've been doing Les Choristes and Prevert but I don't know which to choose to really focus my revision on :s-smilie: I feel like there is less to say for Les Choristes but I get better marks in those essays, but then I really like doing the poetry one, although I just find it hard to remember quotes...
Reply 16
Original post by boods8897
What did you have to talk about in the oral? We did le PP but only needed it for the oral and not the essay (Thank God!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainly who my fav character was, favourite scene and whether it was a child or adult book! The usual really
Original post by Han24
Mainly who my fav character was, favourite scene and whether it was a child or adult book! The usual really

I meant more was it le petit prince you had to talk about as we studied a film for the essay and a book for the oral :smile: Glad the oral is over now, partly as I can for about le PP now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by boods8897
I meant more was it le petit prince you had to talk about as we studied a film for the essay and a book for the oral :smile: Glad the oral is over now, partly as I can for about le PP now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to do both the film and the book! Now doing just the book for the essay! Good luck! I'm sososo nervous!
Reply 19
I just did last years paper

For me the reading and translations were okay but the listening...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending