The Student Room Group

Liverpool, Barts, BSMS

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has heard from liverpool, barts or bsms with rejections yet?
I've not heard anything from any of them apart from the initial postcard that barts sent out but that's about it. I already got rejected from HYMS so i'm wondering whether it's a 'no news is good news' situation or whether the rejection is in the post as i am typing this.
Anyway, i'd be grateful if anyone could let me know how their applications going with these unis so at least i've got an idea.
Thanks and Good luck

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i got rejected from HYMS / haven't heard from BSMS. I guess im in the same boat as you :frown:
Reply 2
i've ot february interview for bsms. they only do interviews in november and february (i think!!). so there's still time for you to receive an invitation.

luck,
ryan xx
Reply 3
Liverpool interview up until at least March, so still loads of time to hear from them.
Reply 4
I had a bsms rejection back in november but if you haven't heard, you may be in with an interview at a later date :smile:
Reply 5
Best of luck, don't give up hope
Reply 6
yeah no idea tbh, im still hoping for an interview from liverpool. i've been told by 2 people they may do it alphabetically, which for some brings hope but for someone like me is a bit :-/ poo, because i'm A and they're far beyond that now..

:[
Reply 7
ye, i'm A to so that's a bit guttin! Maybe they'll do it in reverse alphabetical order this year for a change, hmm doubt it some how.
Ah well fingers crossed anyway.
Reply 8
yeah, well you're definitely not alone lol.

ooh you're from manchester, yay another manc on the block. where abouts from? (or am i not allowed to ask that on here...?)
Reply 9
K41
Noooo! Liverpool don't interview alphabetically!

:rolleyes:
Reply 10
hey Zafda, i'm from up near bury so not too central but i'm down at sussex uni now doing a pre-med (not many northeners down there) Basically doin my course to kill a year coz i got rejected last year for med, havin fun though. Who knows we might both end up at liverpool. can't wait to hear from unis now!
Reply 11
wow you're doing pre-med? hows that going?
itd be cool if we both get offers from liverpool eventually, although i'm not holding on to it.

why did you get rejected last yr for, if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 12
K41
:rolleyes:

lol are you sure..?
Catherine0004
hey Zafda, i'm from up near bury so not too central but i'm down at sussex uni now doing a pre-med (not many northeners down there) Basically doin my course to kill a year coz i got rejected last year for med, havin fun though. Who knows we might both end up at liverpool. can't wait to hear from unis now!

hey cath - is this course at sussex downs ?? coz ive heard about it.

the problem is if i get rejected im thinking i might use that as a backup - but what happens if u dont get any offers - what do u do then ? and ive heard that that course is very intense - especially seen as i havent done physics .

also is there some link to cayman islands in the westindies -? but i think the GMC dont accpet their qualificaton do they ?
Reply 14
If you dont get an offer while on pre-med you could get into 2nd year of a degree course so a year not wasted..or take a gapyear n apply again..cayman is an option too.

Course is intense but doable. :smile:

Cant remember about the GMC thing, but i think after cayman you have to take a USMLE test to go to states or come here? not sure sorry :smile:
Reply 15
hi zafda and asjad, the pre-med course i'm doing is at sussex university. They guarantee you entry into St Matthews university in the cayman islands with a 50% overall pass in the pre-med course though i'm not sure of its reliability if you'd be wanting to come back to the UK.
The course is a very intense one. If you have physics and chemistry at grade B or above to A2 then you may be exempt from physics and general chemistry (lucky you if you are). If not then you're looking at a 30hour week with around 2/3 labs a week most of which last around 4-5 hours and all of which require a complete lab report handed in the following week. I'm finding the work very difficult and i didn't have difficulty doing 5A'levels. Also it's a very expensive course so you really need to consider whether it's right for you.
Upside is i've had an offer for medical neuroscience at sussex entering into 2nd year so at least i've got a reasonable back up.
It's a great university and the course is great to as long as you're prepared for a LOT of hard work and some heftly tuition fees.
There's more info at www.readmedicine.com
Hope i've hepled, if you've got anymore questions just ask
x
Reply 16
Zafda why did you get rejected last yr for, if you dont mind me asking?
i'm not entirely sure why i got rejected, each uni gave me feedback that was entirely different from the rest, like manchester gave me 17/20 for reasons for choosing medicine and keele gave me 2/20 (kinda harsh i think).
I didn't get any interviews though so i'm guessing i just didn't have a great personal statement.
x
Reply 17
ah i got my friend to read through my personal statement and some of the critisism she came out with was like !! wow, makes it sound like its a pretty shoddy one.

can't do much not, just have to wait and see... x
Catherine0004

How is the course like in sussex? I am thinking of applying.
Reply 19
maze.e
How is the course like in sussex? I am thinking of applying.

Hi maze.e, i posted some general info about the course on this page a couple of posts above, if you've got any specific questions then just pm me and i'll try and answer em.

Latest

Trending

Trending