The Student Room Group

help

Baiscally ive had some family deaths and due to this i have not atteneded 6th form everyday my attendance went to 73%. Im studying BTEC level three business which is a two year course. I have done all the work and never fell behind even due to me not being their all the time i went in as much as i could but only missed registration which is not important and made it to lessons. Due to this one of my teachers which is also the IV for the course has told me she will not be marking or sending of any work more than the pass criteria. This is very stressful and im really pissed tbh as ive done all units with Distinction. My mum has been in but the head is saying its the teachers decision they cannot do anything. I have a week left and im so stressed as this means that i would have to retake this course for two years and wont be able to go uni in September which I have planned and have been accepted. Ive contacted colleges to see if they will send my work to exam boards but its to near the end of the year. So can anyone help with possibly a private center i can get it marked or what to do as no one seems to know what to do?!
Reply 1
Unfortunately there are some really lazy teachers out there, they probably just can't be bothered to put the time in to mark all pass, merit and distinction criteria for all of your units and your attendance issues (even though they may not be your own fault) is an easy excuse for them not to mark it.

I had a similar situation, as their was no upper word limit I would generally write 10,000+ words per unit to obtain the criterion and it would take agessss to get stuff back, and when it got towards the end of the year I was on 17 distinctions and 1 merit and I resubmitted the distinction criteria and the teachers argument was that I had alread y achieved the highest grease so I could just go and enjoy my summer and their priority was with marking peoples work who hadn't yet passed.

But what you have to do is just keep pesturing them and explain your circumstances to them, and hope they'll mark it, otherwise, keep your coursework and retake the course and you'll already have the work, I know the latter isn't ideal but if they won't mark you above a pass its the best option you have

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Unfortunately there are some really lazy teachers out there, they probably just can't be bothered to put the time in to mark all pass, merit and distinction criteria for all of your units and your attendance issues (even though they may not be your own fault) is an easy excuse for them not to mark it.

I had a similar situation, as their was no upper word limit I would generally write 10,000+ words per unit to obtain the criterion and it would take agessss to get stuff back, and when it got towards the end of the year I was on 17 distinctions and 1 merit and I resubmitted the distinction criteria and the teachers argument was that I had alread y achieved the highest grease so I could just go and enjoy my summer and their priority was with marking peoples work who hadn't yet passed.

But what you have to do is just keep pesturing them and explain your circumstances to them, and hope they'll mark it, otherwise, keep your coursework and retake the course and you'll already have the work, I know the latter isn't ideal but if they won't mark you above a pass its the best option you have

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending