The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Resiting or switching courses

I have had a bad first year at university, i have pretty much failed most of my modules except one. i started off uni badly mainly because in the beginning i had to switch courses. The previous course i was on was not located at university campus so that meant alot of travel and i didn't have money for it so i had switch courses which i was fine with. When i switched courses i missed a couples weeks of lectures which meant i was behind and barely knew about the courseworks coming up, i failed the first coursework because i didn't do it in time to hand in unfortunately. As the months carried on i pretty much stopped enjoying uni i barely knew anyone on my course. I rarely attended any of my lectures or seminars which meant i didn't know much about the courseworks coming up. I really do want a degree that's why i came to university but i don't know if i will be allowed to repeat my first year or be allowed to switch to a different course i don't know what to do i am not allowed to. PLEASE HELP!
I don't mean to be rude, but, by your own admission, you failed because you couldn't be bothered. I understand not enjoying your course, but it was your choice to make. It doesn't matter how much you do or don't enjoy something, if you don't put the adequate effort in you just won't get anywhere. You didn't do your coursework and you didn't attend your lectures, I don't really know what you were expecting.
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
I think it would be best if you went and talked to your faculty administrator JNM. They will be able to advise about whether you could switch onto a different course or retake the parts of the course that you have failed.

If you are unsure of who to contact, send me a private message with the course you are on and then I will advise who to contact.

Bucks New University
Reply 3
i messaged you about my course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending