Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

bra options for backless top.....

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, i have a small dilemma, i bought this new top which kinda hangs down to my hip at the back (though up to collarbone at the front). Wearing a normal bra looks kinda funny as u can see all the straps at the back, wearing a bikini is slightly better....... does anyone know of anything else i could do?! boob tape of some sort?! i dunno, thanks for any replies!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just wore a very low cut and low backed dress for NYE.

I have a large chest and have tried those stick-on bras, they don't hold me up.

So I went to the drug store and bought medical tape (it's cloth tape) and double-stick tape. I taped my boobs up by putting tape underneath and pulling the boob up. Then I taped my boobs to the dress with the double stick tape so nothing would shift. It worked great! I will be using that trick from now on when I don't want to or can't wear a bra.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How about those bras with the clear-plastic back and straps, I personally don't like them as I find the plastic digs in or gets a bit "sticky" against skin, but they are near invisible in the dark(i presume it is a top for parties clubs etc?), and less fuss than trying to sellotape everything in place.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You could try a strapless, backless bra from any of these sites

As shady lane said, they might not work but worth a try perhaps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what your budget is, but I've found this has been a worthwhile investment:

http://www.wonderbra.co.uk/index2.php - £26

*Link doesn't seem to go directly; go to Effects, then Plunging, then View Range. I bought the Multi-Plunge.

There are also similar bras in this range. I bought this bra specifically for a dress that runs very low between my breasts; but I'm a 32E so I can't do braless and scared of boob tape (!). This bra does *everything*. You can move the straps all round the bra, from between the cups to the join at the back. It comes with a backless strap adaptor and a special halterneck strap, as well as regular adjustable straps. Plus being Wonderbra it's good quality. Frankly, I love it, I can wear it with absolutely *anything* and still have a good bust shape and support.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady lane)
    So I went to the drug store and bought medical tape (it's cloth tape) and double-stick tape. I taped my boobs up by putting tape underneath and pulling the boob up. Then I taped my boobs to the dress with the double stick tape so nothing would shift. It worked great! I will be using that trick from now on when I don't want to or can't wear a bra.
    Zomg, doesn't that hurt? :eek2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a bra and the only meterial is the cup bits which are black. The bit in the middle, the straps and the back are all diamanta. Stay on perfectly just like a normal bra and just looks sparkly so goes with all dresses Got it from debenhams. Was about £30 but well worth the investment...I use it all the time with funny shaped dresses and tops

EDIT: Found this one. Same make as the one I have, but can't work out if this has diamanta along the back as well like mine does. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...9039_181368_-1 Also if you check out figleaves it has just a frontless one and also one with diamante on the back but a halterneck black strap, so all depends on the style if your dress. ATM I can't find the one thats frontless, strapless and backless...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the only one that thinks so, but couldn't you go without one?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    She could do, depends how big her boobs are as to how it would look I suppose. Personally I don't feel too comfortable not wearing a bra with an outfit. If I had to go without, I would but would much prefer some support rather than none.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    She could do, depends how big her boobs are as to how it would look I suppose.
    Agreed. My mum has ardently taught me bra rules all my adolescent life as all the women in my family are big busted. If you're above a B/C and your breasts aren't fake, do not leave the house without a bra. It doesn't matter how wonderful they are, it's just not a good idea if they're on the large size.

However if she's not very busty and is comfortable without a bra, then go for it.
    Personally, even if my breasts were smaller, I wouldn't be comfortable without a bra just cos it makes me feel naked
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i have DD/E boobs, so there is no way on earth i can go without a bra, cos they just aren't supported on their own! its really annoying tho cos i love the pretty going out tops atm that have a huge plunge at the front of are backless, but i cant wear them cos i need a bra, and those stick on ones are useless. i might give that wonderbra multi plunge a try tho, or maybe one with a plastic back strap cos i really want some pretty tops!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_clark)
    i have DD/E boobs, so there is no way on earth i can go without a bra, cos they just aren't supported on their own! its really annoying tho cos i love the pretty going out tops atm that have a huge plunge at the front of are backless, but i cant wear them cos i need a bra, and those stick on ones are useless. i might give that wonderbra multi plunge a try tho, or maybe one with a plastic back strap cos i really want some pretty tops!
    Go for it!

Sorry but I feel your bra-less pain and am rejoicing in my new found world of backless tops.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wear it without a bra? :dontknow:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 4, 2007
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.