The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The planning question sounds tricky, did any one see a similar question in the previous past papers? which year , and if anyone knows anythin about the planning question please tell us
:p: You probably don't know me, I finished my A-levels last year... Thought you might have had some lessons at Beaumont because of that consortium thing.
No sadly I didn't. Beuomont would have been pritty cool but I can count myself lucky I didn't have to go to Sandrigham:p: .
Riddhy
plz ppl share your thoughts what wiill be the enthalpy experiments?

Ment to be "simple" so shouldn't involve titration equiptment. Geussing one experiment and then calculation energy change.
Nah, it's not that cool :p: Did you know in my AS class, 9 out of 14 people got U's? :redface:
Reply 25
the practical part should be alrite cos they are like telling you what to do..its just the planning exercise im worried about
Our class is the same. went down from 18 to 6 in A2 (all people who left had Us bar one who got an A and left :mad: ) but our class now is pritty cool most of us scraped through and I think tomorows ganna be a laugh.
Reply 27
Does anyone know what will be the planning exercise?? i heard something about carbonates and suphates?? is it true?? tell us some details
Reply 28
Guys do u know about the planning exercise?
Leave anything that you don't like till last. Thats the beuty of having no time to do anything, do what u enjoy.:smile:
No I don't think anyone does its as vague as it looks and unless teachers havn't been keeping there mouths shut no-one will no. sorry
Reply 31
lol wait heres how it goes

1) Titration (methyl orange or phenonononphathatlein)
2) Enthalpy thingy (This is reaallly str8 forward..just make sure you know how to do the calculations)
3) Organic Compounds (Im guessing its going to be something about halogenoalkanes..its just a guess)
4) Planning Exercise (Completely stumped on this one)
Reply 32
Anyway, good luck to all of you guys!! hope u do well!! :smile:
kallism
Anyway, good luck to all of you guys!! hope u do well!! :smile:

Ill need a whole lot of luck but u too :biggrin:
Reply 34
we need the plan question so bad.. I got an A in unit 1 and 2 but the average became C because i got 55/120 in unit 3 ..so please help us people.. by the way how can u distinguish between co3 and so4
Reply 35
Umm try adding Dil. HCl to CO3 and SO4.. CO2 gas will be evolved while no reaction with the SO4

Or add AgNO3 to both CO3 and SO4.. White ppt formed with CO3 which turns yellow wih excess AgNO3 while SO4 forms either no ppt or white ppt with very conc. solution of AgNO3

So oraganic compounds are coming up yeh?
Reply 36
Guyz Plz If Any One Know Any Thing About The Test Tell Us .
Reply 37
Orgainc Copmounds??!!
Neil89
we need the plan question so bad.. I got an A in unit 1 and 2 but the average became C because i got 55/120 in unit 3 ..so please help us people.. by the way how can u distinguish between co3 and so4

exactly the same apart from I got 40 (19+21):biggrin: . Today was sooooo much easier though compared to summer. Ill of beaten my mark from last time in this exam alone. None of the stupid titrations crap. :p: Didn't find any really hard questions and got something reasnable for everything.
Reply 39
hi all can anyone tell me what do i have to study for the 3a chemistry exam from the book ! plz thanks!
[Moderator edit: please do not bump old threads]

Latest