The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Asking for night life and summer

As a student from Asia and never been to Coventry , I want to know about the night life and the weather , the sightseeing of Coventry through. If someone know about the people I must be cool too . =)).
Hello Kimberly!
I am a Coventry University graduate, as well as local. The nightlife in Coventry is what you make it. We have various places, one that is very popular with university students is the Kasbah, who have live bands, events, all types of things. We have student pubs, including the Pheonix and Quids Inn which offer very cheap deals on certain days of the week. If you want a bigger night out, it is only a 20 minute train ride to Birmingham who has a very long strip of clubs, including a Gatecrashers. :smile:
The weather, is pretty average. We are the center of EVERYWHERE, so we never have any extreme conditions (like floods or harsh winds), we do get the odd rain, but then alternatively it can be really really hot.

In terms of sightseeing, we have a few historical sites, such as the Cathedral, Memorial park and Lady Godiva staute, we even have a free festival in the summer, where famous bands play at, there is a fair ground and loads of activities. These are just around the city center, you can venture to Warwick, which has a castle, Leamington, which has beautiful sites and loads of lovely places to eat, or go out. The world is your oyster.

Like I said, we are in the center of everywhere, so getting places is pretty easy. However, we do lack a beach.
:smile: Hope you enjoy my city
Gemma
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest