The Student Room Group

Anybody else dreaming of living in £1million house in London?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adipoptosis
We got a good deal then :biggrin:

You certainly did:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samistrawberry
How does the tax thing work? Sorry just interested.

Essentially I earn a lot less than they do lol
When I'm young (in my 20s and 30s) I'd love to live in a house like that in Central. The view from the rooms are amazing!!
£1m (if we're talking about central london) will hardly buy you a room...
Original post by TomAyy
Couldn't think of anything much worse than living in London tbh

OMD, how can u say that. I've lived in London my whole life. Born and bred.
im a city girl. my grandparents live in yorkshire and it's boring as hell. it's where all the pensioners live. London is the land of opportunity, where the fun happens and where to make money. i couldn't live anywhere see but london
Screw London its all about America, Los Angeles,California and New York.
Live in a million pound house yes. Live in London hell no.
Not too keen on living so close to the centre of the city myself. Being seconds away from a tube station which can get to the centre in 20 minutes or less though would be really nice. Preferably a station with a main London tube line, national rail and the London overground suck.
Original post by WillNegForReps
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-33774594.html

I don't think about properties that much, but a view like that is god like

I'd rather live out further in the suburbs, be a quick journey away from London and use the money to buy a mansion with a games room, bar, cinema room, swimming pool and massive garden for parties as well as a large drive way for my sports cars - best of both worlds :tongue:

I really don't know who in their right mind would spend that much on a flat in London. Why spend that on a flat to be 30 seconds away when you can purchase something 20 times the size with everything you can imagine about a 30-40 minutes train journey away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Portland, Oregon. Near California but not too near (roads trips!!!). Foresty but not too cold. Yep, that's my dream place.
Reply 30
I have lived in London all of my life (east and south-east), and I would not buy a permanent residence in London as anything more than a financial asset, even if I had the money to spare.
I'd rather buy a mansion 30min - 1hr away.
i live in a million pound house in london- but only bc of property prices which have driven the price up- honestly you should see our house it reeeally is not special its like a standard 3 bed house in peckham

thats what you get in london now days aha
Meh.

I am more looking forward to moving out to a nice market town which is 30mins to 1 hour by train, and the house is actually (shock horror!) close to the station.

I'm tired of having to take a bus to the station.
I dream of living in a caravan in a cow field.

You've got to aim big.
My Pinterest says I do dream of living there :smile:
Original post by WillNegForReps
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-33774594.html

I don't think about properties that much, but a view like that is god like

I dont get this kind of stuff, like.. that house is 3.5 million yet you can get a gigantic house further up north than london for less than that!!

Saying that, the view in that image does look amazing :biggrin:
That does look amazing! Already live in a nice flat in London though :colone:
Original post by Mattehow
I dont get this kind of stuff, like.. that house is 3.5 million yet you can get a gigantic house further up north than london for less than that!!

Saying that, the view in that image does look amazing :biggrin:

Who wants to live up north though?
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Who wants to live up north though?

Well i do? And i really like it up here..
I mean, saying that, i do wanna move to bristol so..

Quick Reply

Latest