The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Uni life.

I can't seem to find any posts that are recent about student life at Greenwich. I'm hoping to go there in September to study BA Events Management. Are there many clubs near by? Is it expensive to go out often? How much would you have for living costs per week? Which is the best accommodation for halls socially?
Reply 1
Bump ahaha I'm wondering the same things

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lottie2278
I can't seem to find any posts that are recent about student life at Greenwich. I'm hoping to go there in September to study BA Events Management. Are there many clubs near by? Is it expensive to go out often? How much would you have for living costs per week? Which is the best accommodation for halls socially?

There are many things in the surrounding areas of Greenwich (shops ,restaurants etc) but sadly not many clubs. But bare in mind you're in London one of the best cities in the world for nightlife, and you can usually get to central London clubs in 30 minutes or so. Sadly you have to pay a high price for nightlife, as drinks can be very expensive (£4.50 for a pint in some places). However if your willing to be adventurous, greater London has some of the best culture and nightlife in the world, and it's often much cheaper than central London. In south London you can get raves, in East London you can go to some amazing underground clubs. The diversity is amazing.

I am not to sure about the cost of living as I didn't move out, but I can say that avery hill is the most social out of all the halls and has the best student experience. It's also the cheapest.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tahmed14
There are many things in the surrounding areas of Greenwich (shops ,restaurants etc) but sadly not many clubs. But bare in mind you're in London one of the best cities in the world for nightlife, and you can usually get to central London clubs in 30 minutes or so. Sadly you have to pay a high price for nightlife, as drinks can be very expensive (£4.50 for a pint in some places). However if your willing to be adventurous, greater London has some of the best culture and nightlife in the world, and it's often much cheaper than central London. In south London you can get raves, in East London you can go to some amazing underground clubs. The diversity is amazing.

I am not to sure about the cost of living as I didn't move out, but I can say that avery hill is the most social out of all the halls and has the best student experience. It's also the cheapest.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask :smile:

What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by xela238
What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing accounting at Greenwich campus.
Reply 5
Original post by Tahmed14
I'm doing accounting at Greenwich campus.

Ah okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lottie2278

Haha, meet the right crowd and you'll have an amazing night life. Apart from the student union, no other good clubs are close however it's always good to go different places.

How much you have will be determined by student finance so it can vary and where you stay. McMillan would be the best option for first year then move to avery hill, it can get very chaotic at avery hill lol McMillan is smaller.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending