The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Unit 1 Monday 18th May 2015 Help

HELP!

So, can people give me help me how to structure both sections of tomorrow's paper, eg. the 30 mark question (An Inspector Calls for me)and then the two part question (Of Mice and Men for me) which is also 30 marks.

And, how much is everyone writing for each question?

I'm so screwed for this exam Dx
Thanks in advance :3
Reply 1
hey!
Even though you don't get marks for it, I like to do a quick plan for both - what it is, how the author does it and context - do bullet points in your plan and then structure your essay as paragraphs from the bullet points in the plan :smile: (only takes a few mins to do the plan and is really helpful)
hi if you do a plan where do you do it? do you have to cross it out afterwards
Original post by joannaawhitee
HELP!

So, can people give me help me how to structure both sections of tomorrow's paper, eg. the 30 mark question (An Inspector Calls for me)and then the two part question (Of Mice and Men for me) which is also 30 marks.

And, how much is everyone writing for each question?

I'm so screwed for this exam Dx
Thanks in advance :3

hii I'm doing those as well tomorrow ackk im so nervous and unprepared

my english teacher said for AIC write about 4/5 points/paragraphs and usually i only manage to write like 2 and a half sides
for OMAM part A my teacher said about 3 points and i manage to write about 1 side and 3/4 then part b about a page as long as you show context (and lots of it) you should be okay good luck with your exam!!! :smile:
Reply 4
The OMAM questions a and b get marked holistically and you need to show that you can analyse as well as link to context and you need to know your stuff properly to gain highest marks. Things like:
jim crow laws although segregation ended at that time the legacy of racism remained and this acts as a barrier for crooks' dream
misogyny- the trigger of curleys wife's loneliness and isolation
Reply 5
Mine is slightly different as I am doing the crucible and purple hibiscus.

For the first Q which is only 1 part, spend 45 mins in total.
5 mins writing a quick plan (make sure you do this as it allows examiners to see you are thinking about what you're writing and not just diving in ) then 40 mins writing. Do an intro and conclusion and then 3 main, well developed points.

For the second Q, the first part is about a given chunk of text. Spend 20 mins on this and annotate the text before you dive in. On part b, spend 25 mins but do not bother with an intro and conclusion! No time for that!
Hope that's helpful x
Reply 6
Original post by I need starbucks
hi if you do a plan where do you do it? do you have to cross it out afterwards

Yeah just do at the top of the page and then cross through it but dont scribble it out! You want examiners to see you have done a plan.
Reply 7
Original post by elliefox_
hey!
Even though you don't get marks for it, I like to do a quick plan for both - what it is, how the author does it and context - do bullet points in your plan and then structure your essay as paragraphs from the bullet points in the plan :smile: (only takes a few mins to do the plan and is really helpful)

It also makes you look better hen examiners mark it! X
Thanks so much guys! Hope you guys all do very well and you may just have saved me from failing this :3 good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izzy6785
Mine is slightly different as I am doing the crucible and purple hibiscus.

For the first Q which is only 1 part, spend 45 mins in total.
5 mins writing a quick plan (make sure you do this as it allows examiners to see you are thinking about what you're writing and not just diving in ) then 40 mins writing. Do an intro and conclusion and then 3 main, well developed points.

For the second Q, the first part is about a given chunk of text. Spend 20 mins on this and annotate the text before you dive in. On part b, spend 25 mins but do not bother with an intro and conclusion! No time for that!
Hope that's helpful x

How many points for the second q

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending