The Student Room Group

Is there anyone else who doesn't go clubbing, drink, smoke or take drugs

Does anyone else not go clubbing, drink, smoke or take drugs or is it just me. I feel sometimes as if I am the only person. It is not that I look down on it at all I just honestly have zero interest in doing it and would much prefer to watch a movie and hang out with friends at the weekend than go out. People just really don't seem to understand and just assume I am a really boring person or arrogant but it is just not the lifestyle I choose to lead. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about this subject because I have met very few people who feel the same as me. Just curious to hear what you have to say :smile:

also just a side note I have been clubbing before but have hated it every time, probably because I am not drunk. Have never tried a cigarette and have never got really drunk ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Peach1996
Does anyone else not go clubbing, drink, smoke or take drugs or is it just me. I feel sometimes as if I am the only person. It is not that I look down on it at all I just honestly have zero interest in doing it and would much prefer to watch a movie and hang out with friends at the weekend than go out. People just really don't seem to understand and just assume I am a really boring person or arrogant but it is just not the lifestyle I choose to lead. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about this subject because I have met very few people who feel the same as me. Just curious to hear what you have to say :smile:

also just a side note I have been clubbing before but have hated it every time, probably because I am not drunk. Have never tried a cigarette and have never got really drunk ...

It's the same with me. I end up getting really depressed when I see people having more fun than me and drinking and smoking and stuff; but I think that I am not the kind of person who would do that. I think that there are lots of people who do not do that kind of thing but are drowned out by the loudness of people who do.
Reply 2
You're not alone.
Original post by pagorai
You're not alone.

...I am here with youuuu :biggrin:
Reply 4
Me :wavey:
Reply 5
Well I drink, smoke and do occasionally go 'clubbing'.

But you shouldn't listen to those people who think you are boring. Everyone is different, and if we all did the same things the world would be a boring place. Absolutely nothing wrong with not going out drinking. It is a phase, and most people will eventually grow tired of it and prefer quiet nights in. Your doing yourself a big favour in the long run by not smoking, doing drugs or binge drinking.
Reply 6
I am very open with people about the fact it's not my thing but I know others who do things like buy drinks and then just leave them somewhere or I used to just make up hundreds of excuses not to go out until people just stopped inviting me and I ended up loosing lots of friends because I never went out with them . Now I just tell the truth and if people don't accept me because of it then I know they are not really my friends however I still have to put up with lots of rubbish and annoying comments on a regular basis. Glad to hear there are others like me though
I don't do that stuff anymore, but I can't deny that it was a crazy experience I'm glad I had.

Now though, I prefer spending my nights sitting inside with a good book/game. People think I'm boring and stuck up for not wanting for participate, and I just don't feel comfortable re-living a life that once tore me apart.
Reply 8
I smoke, drink and go clubbing.
But I don't take drugs
I do know lots of people who have no interest in any of the above so you are not alone.
No you're not alone. I don't smoke, drink, take drugs or do any of that recreational stuff. It just never appealed to me at all because above all else, I value my health. I wouldn't want to add one more nasty variable into the mix. I won't judge others for drinking or taking drugs or whatever unless they start to cause harm under the influence of such things. I've found I have never cared for alcohol in particular, the one thing I have tried once. I don't see the hype or appeal. The stuff tastes disgusting, it takes away your physical and mental control, ravages your health and can make you a glutton. No appeal whatsoever. I think people just drink it so they can forgoe anysense of responsibilty for actions they take whilst they're drunk. Like I said, drink all you want as long as you don't spite someone in the process of doing so.
Not doing those things doesn't make you boring. I don't smoke, go clubbing or take drugs, but I do drink :redface:
Original post by pagorai
You're not alone.

Original post by jedanselemyia
...I am here with youuuu :biggrin:

though you're farrrr apaaaaart
you're always in my hearrrttt

you are alwaysss

in MY HEART!!!!!!

:teehee:

You beat me to it!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I don't have any interest in those things myself :smile:
I don't. I'm a weird though.
Come and join the club.
Original post by German123
Come and join the club.

Do we have t-shirts yet?
No. They were an endangered species in the 60's and critically endangered by the 90's. The revels of the new millennium in 2000 sounded the death knoll for the last survivors, who were swollen up by the social tidal wave of debauchery and excess that ensued, either being seduced into a life in worship of Bacchus themselves or so lonely as a result of being estranged from their intoxicated, lecherous friends that they ended their lives entirely.
(edited 8 years ago)
ME!!!

I do drink but only a glass occasionally as its a major trigger for my migraines and affects my medication for them!

Thus i barely go out drinking, i have been to one house party in my life and that is it.

Im dreadinf freshers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peach1996

its the people who have better more constructive things to do that don't drink go clubbing and take drugs
:bl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending