The Student Room Group

How to cram Physics AS Mechanics in 1 day??

Ok i have been concentrating on getting all content down for C2 Maths on Wednesday but have Physics A OCR Mechanics for Tuesday. I need to cram it all in 1 day! What do i do? Whats the most productive thing to do? Any helpful material i can use?
Help!!!
how many past papers have you done? I suggest doing them at least 4 if not more- It wont take long but it fixes timing issues and any areas that you are stuck on. Generally for physics the theory tested on the exam is not as complex as in other sciences- so if you do papers you can identify the theory you need to know and learn it from he mark schemes :smile:
Although I don't do OCR A, I've heard your mechanics paper is similar to maths mechanics so just watch the M1 videos on Examsolutions. :smile:
Original post by jonayed1122
Ok i have been concentrating on getting all content down for C2 Maths on Wednesday but have Physics A OCR Mechanics for Tuesday. I need to cram it all in 1 day! What do i do? Whats the most productive thing to do? Any helpful material i can use?
Help!!!

Just do as many past papers as you can. No point covering new material as you won't remember it. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
im on the same boat man
Original post by jonayed1122
Help!!!

Same boat, c2 wednesday, mechanics on tuesday
Reply 6
Any predictions for the paper on tuesday?
Reply 7
Original post by hallo.C
Any predictions for the paper on tuesday?

I think they'll put some hidden prefixes in this paper, something maybe about airbags/seatbelts/trilateration... I think this paper may be harder than last years.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Although I don't do OCR A, I've heard your mechanics paper is similar to maths mechanics so just watch the M1 videos on Examsolutions. :smile:

OCR A Mechanics is nothing like M1 at all :frown: Very little resolving apart from maybe one question worth 2 marks :frown:

Original post by Reety
I think they'll put some hidden prefixes in this paper, something maybe about airbags/seatbelts/trilateration... I think this paper may be harder than last years.

Same. It has been getting harder in recent years with the 2014 paper being slightly dodgy in a sense :') Definitely some things about car safety/trilateration/Galileo's overturning of Aristotle's idea of acceleration of free fall since they're taking a lot of things out next year.
Reply 9
Yeah I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for not revising since day one, wish I could have gone back in time and kicked myself into gear! Nevermind! I'd say just get up the mark schemes and remember your equations, of course doing exam questions will help, but there's nearly always a good two pages of energy conversions if I remember correctly. Totally hate the electricity part of AS physics but, the resistivity formulas and god knows what will be mighty useful I imagine. I'm so screwed and wishing for a miracle.
Reply 10
Original post by Magnesium
OCR A Mechanics is nothing like M1 at all :frown: Very little resolving apart from maybe one question worth 2 marks :frown:

Same. It has been getting harder in recent years with the 2014 paper being slightly dodgy in a sense :':wink: Definitely some things about car safety/trilateration/Galileo's overturning of Aristotle's idea of acceleration of free fall since they're taking a lot of things out next year.

What are they taking out? Are these the topics that are likely to come up?
There has been a lot of Work done questions over the last few years, do you reckon they will keep it or get rid of it?
Seeing as this year is the last before the new spec, I'm getting prepared for an onslaught.
Original post by hallo.C
What are they taking out? Are these the topics that are likely to come up?

Well next year is a completely revamped syllabus for the new Year 12s - all the 'flowery' topics are being taken out. And no, they aren't, but since they're taking them out, i assume they might as well test them right?

Original post by lukejoshjames
Seeing as this year is the last before the new spec, I'm getting prepared for an onslaught.

Same, I was hoping it'd be easier but considering how hard people found it last year, I don't think OCR are going to do us any favours this year :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest