The Student Room Group

AQA ELLA2 (English Language and Literature A UNIT 2) 2nd June 2015

Scroll to see replies

I got an A overall. I got an A (98%) in ELLA 1 and a C in ELLA 2, but because ELLA 1 was so high it averaged out at an A. :smile:
Is it possible to resit ELLA 1 if you did really well on ELLA 2 and how will this affect your overall grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if you can resit. I may be wrong, but in I think they are changing round the A level structure so that students sit an exam at the end of the two years. Still, I may be wrong, and if you think you deserved more you can always get your paper remarked/ask for it back.
I got a B overall in AS and wondered if it is still possible to get a B overall next year? Hope you did well and are celebrating success x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by philosophermark
I got a B overall in AS and wondered if it is still possible to get a B overall next year? Hope you did well and are celebrating success x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not exactly aha, I was hoping for English to be my highest A (I got 100 ums on both exams in the mocks) but myself, along with most in my class got really bad grades (I got a D), so I'm hoping there was something up with the marking and a remark will bring it up.
That's very strange... I hope you get that sorted out! It makes me kind of glad I got a B (I would have been happy with a C) but really want a B overall now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by HistoryStudent1
I'm not sure if you can resit. I may be wrong, but in I think they are changing round the A level structure so that students sit an exam at the end of the two years. Still, I may be wrong, and if you think you deserved more you can always get your paper remarked/ask for it back.

AQA are still offering resits on the current syllabus next year, my teacher had to keep all of the course materials so she could still help students who will resit next year.
Original post by HistoryStudent1

I emailed my English teacher to ask about a resit of ELLA2 and he said I can. I think I'm dropping English now, but we can still resit units this year.
It would be u fair if we couldn't tbh seeing as all other years have been able to.
Is it possible to resit just one exam (ELLA1 or ELLA2 for example) or do you have to sit the whole AS course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by philosophermark
Is it possible to resit just one exam (ELLA1 or ELLA2 for example) or do you have to sit the whole AS course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure, but I know you can resit single exams in maths, so I can't see why it would be any different.

Quick Reply

Latest