The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Britan and Ireland 1798-1921 8th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Britishsunset
M

I wrote that :smile: My main argueument that the leadership was stronger towards the end and by using potical influence made there leadership stronger etc. and led them to get the aims they wanted etc. I measured each leader by support and by aims and if they got them. I also said other this like ; I just wrote for young Ireland the famine undermind it and I wrote that for the Fenains the British polices undermined it also :smile:

I'm aiming for a B you???:smile:

i need a B for uni but I'm hoping to get an A ?? don't know if i will have done that good though!!
For question 9! I said that liberals Goerge lloyed was liberal and gave them Partitoon damn! But it was a colaltion! That annoyed me so much and said that in the introduction, that's why Ireland gained more! That's annoyed me now! Damn it the other polices throughout otherwise was okay and I wrote a lot of detail there? and I said because of the Lib gave more acts they gained more? Damn it that's annoyed me! Do you think I will get marked down massively for that?
Reply 102
Hey! I mainly wrote about R.N leadership being weak of strong and like l measured the leadership for each one with the support and aims of they achieved them etc:smile: I mentioned British politics and famine but not much I just said mainly Thai leadership was better later on in the period :smile:

What did yo I write for 9? I'm sure you did okay! I did 9 1st as I know it was such a long answer and so much to say :O! Xx

I felt my Q for 9 was so biased!

Ireland didn't gain more from a whig govt - emancipation, education (maynooth and colleges bill), famine policies were tory

did gain more from whigs - gladstones 1st ministry, home rule, ango-irish treaty

concluded they gained more due to more focus on all areas and all classes/religions benefitting as the main tory policy was emancipation which only benefitted the catholics and increased sectarian violence :smile:Xx
[QUOTE=95lauren;56750531]i need a B for uni but I'm hoping to get an A ?? don't know if i will have done that good though!!

I think you have ! You are smart!

Do you think they will make me down a lot for this ; For question 9! I said that liberals Goerge lloyed was liberal and gave them Partitoon damn! But it was a colaltion! That annoyed me so much and said that in the introduction, that's why Ireland gained more! That's annoyed me now! Damn it the other polices throughout otherwise was okay and I wrote a lot of detail there? and I said because of the Lib gave more acts they gained more? Damn it that's annoyed me! Do you think I will get marked down massively for that?
[QUOTE=deeferdog;56750727]I felt my Q for 9 was so biased!

Ireland didn't gain more from a whig govt - emancipation, education (maynooth and colleges bill), famine policies were tory

did gain more from whigs - gladstones 1st ministry, home rule, ango-irish treaty

concluded they gained more due to more focus on all areas and all classes/religions benefitting as the main tory policy was emancipation which only benefitted the catholics and increased sectarian violence :smile:Xx

With home rule that was the liberals wasn't it ?:smile: Gladstone was liberal brought in the 1st home rule bill in 1886 :smile: and Anglo Irish was the colaltion gove I thought it was liberal and Whig and said that Ireland gained more from lib because of the religious disestablishment of the church and repeal of the tithes etc then land reforms I did and political so ballet act and Parlimentary act 1911 which allowed home rule to pass :smile:

Said Con did more for land like Wyndham act 1903 etc for Ireland :smile:

Your answer sounds good! Don't worry it's about the content not the length! :smile: I'm worried about it lol! But we did our best!:smile:
Reply 105
With home rule that was the liberals wasn't it ?:smile: Gladstone was liberal brought in the 1st home rule bill in 1886 :smile: and Anglo Irish was the colaltion gove I thought it was liberal and Whig and said that Ireland gained more from lib because of the religious disestablishment of the church and repeal of the tithes etc then land reforms I did and political so ballet act and Parlimentary act 1911 which allowed home rule to pass :smile:

Said Con did more for land like Wyndham act 1903 etc for Ireland :smile:

Your answer sounds good! Don't worry it's about the content not the length! :smile: I'm worried about it lol! But we did our best!:smile:

I'm worried too but hopefully the examiner likes our take on things :smile:
I think you have ! You are smart!

Do you think they will make me down a lot for this ; For question 9! I said that liberals Goerge lloyed was liberal and gave them Partitoon damn! But it was a colaltion! That annoyed me so much and said that in the introduction, that's why Ireland gained more! That's annoyed me now! Damn it the other polices throughout otherwise was okay and I wrote a lot of detail there? and I said because of the Lib gave more acts they gained more? Damn it that's annoyed me! Do you think I will get marked down massively for that?

Thanks !!
I don't think they would mark you down they must understand you might get a few things mixed up with the pressure of the exam and things ! As long as the rest of your answer was ok I'm sure it will be fine, we have to stay positive
I'm so happy you said you wrote similar things to me lol what did you write for q 9? I split into like religious, land reforms, education and potical etc - like ballet act gave Irleand more political power etc lol?? I remember reading an essay yesterday on the question I thought it might come up lol :-) what did you write??:smile: did you struggle with timing ?

i split Q9 into political , land/ economical and religious. I tried to include some famine relief policies in the conclusions and i may of brushed upon electoral reform but i simply did not have the time or stamina! Hopefully the examiners are not too harsh in marking!
Original post by 95lauren
Thanks !!
I don't think they would mark you down they must understand you might get a few things mixed up with the pressure of the exam and things ! As long as the rest of your answer was ok I'm sure it will be fine, we have to stay positive

If you go to markedbyt eschews there's an answer to q 9 and it said even though collation it was mainly liberals so hopefully it it away with it lol! What are you doing at uni???:smile:
If you go to markedbyt eschews there's an answer to q 9 and it said even though collation it was mainly liberals so hopefully it it away with it lol! What are you doing at uni???:smile:

I'm studying history and politics at manchester met wbu??
Original post by harry4625
i split Q9 into political , land/ economical and religious. I tried to include some famine relief policies in the conclusions and i may of brushed upon electoral reform but i simply did not have the time or stamina! Hopefully the examiners are not too harsh in marking!

thaa souns good ! ii hope they are also!
Hi how's everyone feeling about results day ? Have you seen the grade boundaries yet ?
[QUOTE=95lauren;58381677]Hi how's everyone feeling about results day ? Have you seen the grade boundaries yet ?

Yes I have :/ not to happy with the Grade B tbh, seem little higher then I thought but I'm not panicking to much I did better I think then my mocks lol I knew more and I was getting C's in them lol, praying for a B! Cw on the other hand I have no idea lol I hated that cw xD you??
Yes I have :/ not to happy with the Grade B tbh, seem little higher then I thought but I'm not panicking to much I did better I think then my mocks lol I knew more and I was getting C's in them lol, praying for a B! Cw on the other hand I have no idea lol I hated that cw xD you??

I didn't think they were too bad ! I'm just hoping to have done ok in the coursework I had a good teacher so I hope I have done ok. I need a B to get into uni but I'm hoping to a get an A good luck for tomorrow ! 😁

Quick Reply

Latest