The Student Room Group

Really awkward situation - I deleted him on Facebook but now he's messaged?

Hey,

I won't go into what created the situation. But basically I deleted a guy from Facebook who I met three times, who showed interest in me. I felt he started to become cold and distant and generally uninterested. It was a well thought out decision, because I was even happy to have him as a friend but I felt he wasn't that fussed.

I deleted him from Facebook yesterday, after no message from him in over 2 weeks, and earlier on he sent a Facebook message not even mentioning the fact I deleted him :/ he's acting oblivious to it, when I believe he must know. He said how he hasn't had much time for Facebook, despite me seeing him active on a number of occasions during our silent spell. I deactivated my account a few weeks ago, and he's professing that he never realised I was back on Facebook, despite regular updates. He also said he hasn't really been on since I deactivated.

Could he actually know I've deleted him, but trying to justify his previous silence by saying that he was rarely on Facebook (despite me knowing different)?

I didn't know how to respond, it seemed too much of a coincidence that he finally messaged me the day after I deleted him, but now were maintaining a normal conversation and it's really weird since I deleted him, and he hasn't mentioned it :/

Should I just continue talking like normal and hope he never realises? I can't just randomly say now 'oh hey, by the way I unfriended you'
Really?
Welcome to the youth of today...I deleted someone on Facebook. Dear me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only really notice if someone has deleted me from Facebook if they send me another friend request or if they pop up in 'people you might know'. I'm pretty sure it's the same for most people, unless a really close friend did it they wouldn't notice. I don't imagine he noticed.

If you want to go full-circle mindgame you could ask why he deleted you?

Slightly off-topic, but related, I've never been sure why people go through the whole 'unfriending' ceremony with people instead of just, well, not talking to them. It's added an unspoken, one-way 'I never want to talk to you ever again' gesture to casual friendship which was never there when I was acquiring social skills in my youth. Blazing arguments were why I'd never speak to someone again, not this passive slip-away. I 'hide' people and put them into limited-access groups, but experience says I might come back into contact with anyone who I've had cause to add, so why scrub them completely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending