The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Part-time jobs at and around LSE

Hi everyone,

I am planning to start an MSc course in the LSE this September and I really need to find a part-time job that pays enough (say, around 850 pounds) to cover the living expenses.

The careers hub of the LSE is not available for offer holders, so I need some hints about the best places to look for part-time jobs on and around the 'campus'.

Thanks.
There are a few positions for students working on campus - shops/bar etc, but I have a feeling you have to be a continuing student as they fill those positions around this time of year. I noticed they posted an ad for part-time IT staff for the 2015/16 year a couple of weeks ago so I assume the other positions are probably the same.

Jobs around the campus - best bet is probably looking for vacancies in restaurants and bars once you get here. I don't know that many people who have worked during their undergrad, but those that did tended to work in bars. I would be surprised if you managed to find something very near campus, people I knew who worked in bars tended to work in East London, but it really depends on what's going come September.

Will you be on a student visa? If so remember to check your conditions - there will be a limit on how many hours per week you can work, and possibly where you can work too.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
No I won't be needing a visa. How many hours does the university let us work ? Is it 15 or 20 ? And what are my chances of finding a research assistantship position or anything similar ? Are they even a thing in LSE ?
Original post by Man behind Nixon
No I won't be needing a visa. How many hours does the university let us work ? Is it 15 or 20 ? And what are my chances of finding a research assistantship position or anything similar ? Are they even a thing in LSE ?

I think they allow 15 hrs per week, but I have no idea how they would know how much you're working. As long as you're going to everything compulsory and you're getting your work done they won't know. I'm an undergraduate so I don't know anything about research assistants I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending