The Student Room Group

Thoughts on 3 way marriage?

Poll

Do you think 3 way marriages should be a thing?

I'm just wondering what you guys think of group (or polyamorous) marriages? A friend asked me recently and it got me thinking about it.

Firstly, I couldn't care less about gay marriage, interracial marriage, whatever, but for some reason I still think of it as a couple's thing. I mean, if a regular gay said that he loved a gal, but also wanted a relationship with another gal, we'd think of it as a bit sleazy, so what makes it different for anyone else, I presume mostly bisexual groups in this case...

Personally, I think that the reason why we think cheating or sleeping around is wrong is because if you're in a relationship, particularly marriage, you are supposed to be showing a commitment, and I just don't think it's possible to commit to TWO people in the way that marriage requires... What you think? :smile:
Reply 1
If that's what people like, it's perfectly fine. I don't get why we always get to judge something in terms of it being right or wrong.

If it works for those involved, it should work for us as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been in a poly relationship in the past.

Whatever is cool with me. So long as all parties involved are happy with the situation then I don't see the problem!
I could never do it but kudos to those who could make it work :yep: Haven't voted in the poll because I'm not sure I fit into any of the categories :redface:
I think it's fine, as long as all parties are happy with the set up of the relationship.
The government needs to stop dictating how people live their lives tbh.
I'd be more than happy to have 2 husbands
Reply 7
Polyamorous relationship? Sure, go ahead. I don't care what you do in your private life.

3+ people marriages? Hmmm.

I put myself as 'Don't know'. In a perfect world I'd love to support the idea, I have absolutely nothing against it morally. My only issue is practicality. Do you limit how many people could get married to each other? How would you deal with divorce settlements if only some of the individuals want to leave? How would that work with childcare and custody? I can image so, so many legal and bureaucratic hurdles that would need to be overcome to make that system compatible with the rest of society. We'd keep lawyers employed until the sun exploded.

Great idea in theory, but sadly very impractical to achieve I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending