The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Summer Challenge 2015 Year 12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
Haha, how was it? :wink:
We had to do a lot of walking around the labs and my back was killing me!!!
I'm really considering this as a career :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We walked around the library a bit and then had a "seminar" which I really enjoyed :smile: Thank god nobody else has chosen my question, no competition haha

UCL has such a strange atmosphere.. it's so relaxed which I like but it almost doesn't feel like a university? Really weird, probably just me:tongue:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by antigone-
We walked around the library a bit and then had a "seminar" which I really enjoyed :smile: Thank god nobody else has chosen my question, no competition haha

UCL has such a strange atmosphere.. it's so relaxed which I like but it almost doesn't feel like a university? Really weird, probably just me:tongue:

Haha that's great :smile:
Actually a lot of my friends feel the same way, but they don't really like UCL because of the unorganised classrooms and the faculties are everywhere.
I personally love the atmosphere and diversity! Plus it's close to home!! :biggrin:

Has anyone been able to access the library's resources from home using the username and password given to us? I tried but it then said access denied.
I'm gonna try again tonight, hopefully it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Haha that's great :smile:
Actually a lot of my friends feel the same way, but they don't really like UCL because of the unorganised classrooms and the faculties are everywhere.
I personally love the atmosphere and diversity! Plus it's close to home!! :biggrin:

Has anyone been able to access the library's resources from home using the username and password given to us? I tried but it then said access denied.
I'm gonna try again tonight, hopefully it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't actually get any logon details haha

My course is far more relaxed than my friend who is doing Medicine.. I don't know if I could deal with it being more stressful considering PS, Uni applications and my EPQ are starting soon!

Tbh the only Uni I ADORE is LSE, I just really, really love it, so UCL had a hard time getting too high up in my good books anyway :wink: I do like it it's just weird, maybe I'll change my mind :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't actually get any logon details haha

My course is far more relaxed than my friend who is doing Medicine.. I don't know if I could deal with it being more stressful considering PS, Uni applications and my EPQ are starting soon!

Tbh the only Uni I ADORE is LSE, I just really, really love it, so UCL had a hard time getting too high up in my good books anyway :wink: I do like it it's just weird, maybe I'll change my mind :biggrin:

lol, mine is no where near as relaxed, but I'm really enjoying it.
I never thought I'd be interested in Engineering!! :biggrin:
My teacher went to LSE and did an MSc in Global Politics and a BA History and Politics at York :smile:
Can anyone access library resources online at home with you're username and password?
It always says access denied but I opened up one resource out of the 500 that I clicked on lol
Bump :colondollar:
Third week and running :biggrin:
Today was so cool! We saw a 3D printer which was so cool!
I'm probably going to come next week but I'm going to be using the library instead of coming into the optional session.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Third week and running :biggrin:
Today was so cool! We saw a 3D printer which was so cool!
I'm probably going to come next week but I'm going to be using the library instead of coming into the optional session.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope your resources question was answered! :biggrin:
I was at Oxford today, UCL tomorrow, what a week :wink:
I've been doing some reading and asking my teachers for help, going to hit the library next week
I hope your resources question was answered! :biggrin:
I was at Oxford today, UCL tomorrow, what a week :wink:
I've been doing some reading and asking my teachers for help, going to hit the library next week

Oh wow!
I've got to go to UCL again tomorrow lol!
Yeah it was :smile: I texted them lol
That's great! My tutors said I need to look at a lot of research papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Oh wow!
I've got to go to UCL again tomorrow lol!
Yeah it was :smile: I texted them lol
That's great! My tutors said I need to look at a lot of research papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think we can get wifi access somehow haha
Do you think we can get wifi access somehow haha

Yeah :smile:
They all gave us a password and username for wifi access at UCL which can be put on ur phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anybody apply for the Gateways Conferences? Just found out I got in for the Human Rights one next Friday :biggrin:
Did anybody apply for the Gateways Conferences? Just found out I got in for the Human Rights one next Friday :biggrin:

Well done! :smile:
No haha, a lot of the conferences were during July and I find it hard to travel if I'm fasting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Well done! :smile:
No haha, a lot of the conferences were during July and I find it hard to travel if I'm fasting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw good luck to you, the strength you must have to fast in this heat tbh
anyone else going to physics taster day tomorrow? Also wondering how busy it is there atm, is it just the academic staff doing their research, i.e a ghost town?

thanks
Original post by Patrick2810
anyone else going to physics taster day tomorrow? Also wondering how busy it is there atm, is it just the academic staff doing their research, i.e a ghost town?

thanks

Nope, have fun :smile:
And it's actually quite normal, not too busy but not quiet either.
Some students are still doing work but most are hanging out the main building.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a tube strike on Wednesday from 18.30
Just letting you know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys
Does anyone know how to reference their research project?
I don't really understand the sheet that they've given us

I normally reference like this, for example:

The peach is a deciduous tree (Ref. 1) native to Northwest China, in the region between the Tarim Basin and the north slopes of the Kunlun Shan mountains, where it was first domesticated and cultivated. (Ref. 2) It bears an edible juicy fruit also called a peach. (Ref. 1)

Bibliography
Ref 1: www.abksjdjw.com
Ref 2: Osmotic Article volume 52 page 12

Or should I just use footnotes like the Oxford way?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
Does anyone know how to reference their research project?
I don't really understand the sheet that they've given us

I normally reference like this, for example:

The peach is a deciduous tree (Ref. 1) native to Northwest China, in the region between the Tarim Basin and the north slopes of the Kunlun Shan mountains, where it was first domesticated and cultivated. (Ref. 2) It bears an edible juicy fruit also called a peach. (Ref. 1)

Bibliography
Ref 1: www.abksjdjw.com
Ref 2: Osmotic Article volume 52 page 12

Or should I just use footnotes like the Oxford way?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

id just superscript a number like wikipedia do,
The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation.[1]

Refs

^ Jump up to: Lesley Aeschliman. Bellaonline, from the original on November 7, 2007. Retrieved October 28, 2007.

Original post by Formless
id just superscript a number like wikipedia do,
The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation.[1]

Refs

^ Jump up to: Lesley Aeschliman. Bellaonline, from the original on November 7, 2007. Retrieved October 28, 2007.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending