University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Bloom77
Hey guys
Long time no talk
Have you guys written your draft yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An intro and first para, hard to do this alongside with coursework and EPQ :frown: I'm managing through it haha, you?
Original post by antigone-
An intro and first para, hard to do this alongside with coursework and EPQ :frown: I'm managing through it haha, you?

Haha
I'm just not bothered tbh!
I still have one more day of school!!!
I've started on Sunday
But so far so good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Haha
I'm just not bothered tbh!
I still have one more day of school!!!
I've started on Sunday
But so far so good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had a special guest at our session today, an author called Zadie Smith, very exciting! She signed my book and answered our questions, so lovely :smile:

Tbh the quality of the essay isn't so important, are we going to get feedback on it? Our tutor offered to read personal statements and stuff which was so nice of her, (except I'm not applying for English :colondollar:)

Going to try and get most of it done before Friday so I can send in a draft. I'm off school now, since Friday, poor you!
We had a special guest at our session today, an author called Zadie Smith, very exciting! She signed my book and answered our questions, so lovely :smile:

Tbh the quality of the essay isn't so important, are we going to get feedback on it? Our tutor offered to read personal statements and stuff which was so nice of her, (except I'm not applying for English :colondollar:)

Going to try and get most of it done before Friday so I can send in a draft. I'm off school now, since Friday, poor you!

Omg Zadie Smith is a really famous author!! I haven't read her books tho

Yeah, they're doing a personal statement thing even after the summer challenge so that'll be good.
I've gone over my word limit lol but hopefully they won't really care lol.
I'm nearly done, I've got one more paragraph and then conclusion and I think I would like to add a picture somewhere. How is your format? Our one has to be proper university research report style which I've never done before but I looked at a few examples.

I think im gonna start on the presentation today although, we've only got 3 mins!!

I've only been to the library a few times but I haven't used any of the resources yet there.

EDIT: yep, they'll be giving feedback afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bloom77
Omg Zadie Smith is a really famous author!! I haven't read her books tho

Yeah, they're doing a personal statement thing even after the summer challenge so that'll be good.
I've gone over my word limit lol but hopefully they won't really care lol.
I'm nearly done, I've got one more paragraph and then conclusion and I think I would like to add a picture somewhere. How is your format? Our one has to be proper university research report style which I've never done before but I looked at a few examples.

I think im gonna start on the presentation today although, we've only got 3 mins!!

I've only been to the library a few times but I haven't used any of the resources yet there.

EDIT: yep, they'll be giving feedback afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only read White Teeth but I'd really recommend it if you have time! :biggrin:

Our layout is similar, luckily I have some experience from the Cambridge Essay Competition haha

Yeah our presentation is advised to be 2-3 minutes, our tutor thinks it's weird that we have to do it for Literature and tbh I agree

Hopefully I can make some headway on the essay tonight :colondollar:
I've only read White Teeth but I'd really recommend it if you have time! :biggrin:

Our layout is similar, luckily I have some experience from the Cambridge Essay Competition haha

Yeah our presentation is advised to be 2-3 minutes, our tutor thinks it's weird that we have to do it for Literature and tbh I agree

Hopefully I can make some headway on the essay tonight :colondollar:

I did nothing yesterday!! Such a waste of time haha!
Reserved white teeth at my library :wink:

I wonder what the prizes are!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Do any of you know when we hear back about results of the Be a Polymath taster course? :smile:
Original post by kawehi
Do any of you know when we hear back about results of the Be a Polymath taster course? :smile:

I signed up for that too!! :biggrin:
I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
Original post by Bloom77
I signed up for that too!! :biggrin:
I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed Aisha and I got in woo!! Everyone else gets the emails tomorrow :smile:
Original post by kawehi
I emailed Aisha and I got in woo!! Everyone else gets the emails tomorrow :smile:

Omg 😭
I really really want to get in
I'm just gonna wait for the email
You know the application, it's random isn't it? Or is it first come first serve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
Original post by Bloom77
Omg 😭
I really really want to get in
I'm just gonna wait for the email
You know the application, it's random isn't it? Or is it first come first serve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, since we had to put in our grades/school/background I'm quite sure that it's selective! They probably just order us all up in a list of who is taking the most A-levels and has the most A*s, though :biggrin:
Original post by kawehi
No, since we had to put in our grades/school/background I'm quite sure that it's selective! They probably just order us all up in a list of who is taking the most A-levels and has the most A*s, though :biggrin:

lol yeah that's true haha
Thank you!
Hopefully I can get a place however it clashes with the summer challenge.
Do you know what time the polymath taster course is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kawehi

I got in too! :biggrin:
Really excited haha!
But if it clashes with the summer school I'm not able to attend unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a separate thread for be a polymath btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just emailed in my final essay :smile: That took a lot of work but I actually really enjoyed it! Did you guys on the Tuesday course graduate today?! How was it? :biggrin:
Just emailed in my final essay :smile: That took a lot of work but I actually really enjoyed it! Did you guys on the Tuesday course graduate today?! How was it? :biggrin:

Same!
I need to send it in still even though I gave in my hard copy.
It was really good! But unfortunately I didn't get the ultimate award, you get a UCL hoodie btw! And the presentations were so good. Today was the funnest day.
And the food is so good!!! Remember to run downstairs because the cake is going to disappear so quickly! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Same!
I need to send it in still even though I gave in my hard copy.
It was really good! But unfortunately I didn't get the ultimate award, you get a UCL hoodie btw! And the presentations were so good. Today was the funnest day.
And the food is so good!!! Remember to run downstairs because the cake is going to disappear so quickly! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our tutor gave us all £10 book vouchers :h:
Really nice event, shame I didn't get to meet you! Maybe at one of the PS clinics :wink:
We should be getting feedback by the 14th, I'm actually excited, maybe it will take my mind off of results day haha
Our tutor gave us all £10 book vouchers :h:
Really nice event, shame I didn't get to meet you! Maybe at one of the PS clinics :wink:
We should be getting feedback by the 14th, I'm actually excited, maybe it will take my mind off of results day haha

Aww that's so cute
I know right!! We've been talking on here for so long as well!
Definitely at the personal statement events :biggrin:
I know! This is the first time I've done a research report and it was so fun!!
Making me changing the course I wanna do - something like biomedical engineering haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Aww that's so cute
I know right!! We've been talking on here for so long as well!
Definitely at the personal statement events :biggrin:
I know! This is the first time I've done a research report and it was so fun!!
Making me changing the course I wanna do - something like biomedical engineering haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Despite enjoying the programme, I won't be changing to English any time soon :wink:
My feelings about UCL are still so conflicted :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending