The Student Room Group

How did you all find the AQA Literature exam?

I found an inspector calls quite easy as it was on Mr Birling :biggrin:. I think I messed up Of Mice and Men though :frown: What about you?

Scroll to see replies

I expected Mr Birling for IAC but I still don't think I did very well in it. However the OMAM questions were really good for me, in particular part B as it wasn't on one specific character

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kill me now D: I missed out part b of the Of mice and men. I got an A on my coursework is it still possible to get an A? I know English lit is my weakest subject but missing a WHOLE section of the question paper makes me feel like I can get a B max D:
Reply 3
Rf
Reply 4
I think that inspector calls was ok but tkam was kinda dodge part A? Does anyone know what will come up for lit 2 animal farm
Reply 5
Same as you really, I struggled with OMAM as I was hoping more of a character rather than an event, but on the whole wasn't too bad
Reply 6
We do Under Milk Wood (aka most confusing radio play ever) and OMaM
I found UMW quite easy as it was just on characters you felt sympathy for but I found OMaM a bit harder as I was expecting a character, not an event. I only did 2 points for a and 2 points (+1 in my conclusion) for b, but they were really quite long points so hopefully I will have done okay 😊 What did you write for the OMaM?
I'm quite concerned on TKAM part B it said in bold 'one' Mockingbird but in in my opening paragraph I talked about Tom R "the senseless slaughter of songbirds". Just one paragraph and then the rest was on Boo Radley, what I fear is the examiner will only mark Tom R bit. Thoughts please peace of mind is really needed?
Original post by 0xFFFFail
Kill me now D: I missed out part b of the Of mice and men. I got an A on my coursework is it still possible to get an A? I know English lit is my weakest subject but missing a WHOLE section of the question paper makes me feel like I can get a B max D:

How did you miss out the whole part b?
Its worth 15 marks so minus that from the overall mark to see the maximum you can get
I think it was awful, OMAM was so vague because they used the word 'brutality' so I got about 5 sentences in.
I was happy with the AIC question, but then my part B for OMAM was just a complete mess and I kind of did a mash of everything that I could possibly think of. My fingers are still bruised. :s-smilie:

Remember we still have the poetry exam so if you do really really well on that then I think its possible to sustain your grade
Brutality in OMAM I talked about the mental brutality of the ranch in terms of loneliness, solitude and discrimination. The passage was crap but I talked about lexical set of fear for both characters showing it wasn't malicious, constant concern for George showing how single minded and simple he is, and the animal imagery. Crucible was okay too

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao how did you miss it out lol?
Reply 14

As you missed out section B, you will probably get less than half marks for 'Of Mice and Men', this Unit 1 exam is worth 30% I think.
don't worry I think many people messed up this English.
I did woman in black and mister.pip I so failed it!! but just do well in poetry
I think you can gain marks across part a and b, so although you will limit your chances of getting the highest marks, you can still achieve a good grade if you covered context and language analysis in part a.
Reply 17
I Think it went ok!

**** poetry though, Journeys end went ok
Original post by LoganF
As you missed out section B, you will probably get less than half marks for 'Of Mice and Men', this Unit 1 exam is worth 30% I think.

Unit 1 is 40%, Unit 2 is 35%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When the examiner marks your work they will judge you on the AO's and mark band and one of the criteria is historical context(AO4), which on the mark scheme is 10% of your 40% that is for Unit 1. You can check it on the mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending