The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Doing an MMath in 3 years?

Hello, I am interested to know if it's possible to do an MMath degree at Warwick in 3 years (it's usually 4). I am more interested in the possibility in itself rather than how difficult it would be, as I am fully aware that even a normal degree is very difficult, but please ignore that aspect in your reply.

Thank you
I'm not aware of anyone that's ever tried, so there's no mechanism in place for it, so far as I'm aware.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by BlueSam3
I'm not aware of anyone that's ever tried, so there's no mechanism in place for it, so far as I'm aware.

Hello, thanks for this information. I assume you study there, so do you think it would be worth asking to do this? Are you aware if other unis have allowed students to do this in the past?
Original post by Paul Dirac
Hello, thanks for this information. I assume you study there, so do you think it would be worth asking to do this? Are you aware if other unis have allowed students to do this in the past?

I'm not aware of anyone, anywhere. You could ask, I suppose.
Reply 4
Thanks BlueSam
Ignoring the difficulty of it, I imagine you would need to show sufficient evidence that you could handle it before they let you dive into it. I also imagine, unless you have extremely odd circumstances, this evidence would be hard to supply.

I also, personally (as obviously I have no say on whether or not it happens), don't think they would. As once they let one person, where do you draw the line for everyone else doing it?

May I ask why you think you could do it in 3 years?

Of course, there is no harm in enquiring with the maths department. Only they can give an actual answer.

Quick Reply

Latest