Reply 21
Original post by meld98dog
How much did you guys write for each q?

Section a: 3/4 page for a)
3/4 page for b)
1 page for c)
4 pages for section b
I'm a slow writer lol
Animal farm part c question I wrote about napoleons leadership afte snowball was exiled, basically I hoped for the best and I have no idea if it is relevant.
As for of mice and men I'm sad that slim didn't come up because I learned so much on him and had few points but I guess crooks was easy because you could write about racism and his loneliness
I wrote 2 PETER paragraphs for part A, 3 for part B and 4 for part C.
For question 2 I wrote 5 PETER paragraphs and an intro and conclusion.
Reply 24
I found part b for animal farm the hardest out of the three questions. As for the of mice and men question, crooks has literally saved my GCSE! I went In aiming for an a* but I'm pretty sure I will have only scraped a B... What did everyone write about for snowball?
Original post by Fawnflys
I found part b for animal farm the hardest out of the three questions. As for the of mice and men question, crooks has literally saved my GCSE! I went In aiming for an a* but I'm pretty sure I will have only scraped a B... What did everyone write about for snowball?

Yes, part B was quite difficult. The '' describe '' threw me off
Original post by Crepsley8
That's a good extract, its still showing leadership skills and thats what they ask for. You could still get an A*, in past years people don't write much and still get top marks :smile:
I literally flicked through the book last 10 minutes and found a short scene where the windmill is destroyed by the humans and Napoleon is failing to lead the attack etc. But I didn't write enough.

To Kill a Mockingbird the edexcel character question was really specific, like Mrs Dubose is only in one chapter and she's a minor character, it wasn't really fair. But I still wrote quite a bit. Did you pick the character or theme question?

I chose to do Mrs Dubose as even though she was really only in Chapter 11 I could write a lot about how she taught the children a lesson and they could apply it to the trial and when faced with prejudice and some other stuff which I cant remember. I do not know how I would have answered the growing up question... though that is the one most people in my school chose
Original post by isabellagrace
I chose to do Mrs Dubose as even though she was really only in Chapter 11 I could write a lot about how she taught the children a lesson and they could apply it to the trial and when faced with prejudice and some other stuff which I cant remember. I do not know how I would have answered the growing up question... though that is the one most people in my school chose

Yeah, same most people in our class chose the growing up one lool, I didn't know what to write at all.
Yeah, thats what I liked about Mrs Dubose, you could focus on that one chapter and didn't have to flick through the whole book. Yeah wrote how she was a basic metaphor for Atticus in the trial
Original post by Fawnflys

Yh same I really didn't like part B, there was hardly anything to write as there wasn't many devices to use. There were only complex sentences, adjectives and verbs, no similes, metaphors etc.
I really liked part A though and for Snowball wrote how he was intelligent, repected as a leader, gets involved, brave etc.
for part c i did old major`s leadership in the beginning and for animal farm part b i commented on quotes but didn't really mention language features as it said to describe the idea of battle. Do you think i`ll lose many marks (i commented on quotes and their effect i just didn't explicitly say this is a metaphor)
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
for part c i did old major`s leadership in the beginning and for animal farm part b i commented on quotes but didn't really mention language features as it said to describe the idea of battle. Do you think i`ll lose many marks (i commented on quotes and their effect i just didn't explicitly say this is a metaphor)

What type of quotes did you comment on? Did the quotes have language devices and features in them? If you explained how the language features affected the description of the battle then you shouldn't lose many marks. However, it would have been better if you'd incorporated the devices into your explanation, saying the writer uses the complex sentence.....to portray....
It was really hard and there were hardly any language devices to pick up on so I think it should be fine
for example i said that when "snowball launched his first assault" it suggested that this was a carefully planned battle with multiple parts which in turn showcases a preparedness for battl and organisation that snowball as a leader had
for example i said that when "snowball launched his first assault" it suggested that this was a carefully planned battle with multiple parts which in turn showcases a preparedness for battl and organisation that snowball as a leader had

ohh
if you said 'the verb "launched" emphasises Snowball prepared for the battle and is determined showcasing his preparation for battle... you would have received more marks as a language feature is highlighted.
However, you'll still get marks for explaining the text and talking about the idea of the battle.
i actually said the phrase first attack showed this
Reply 34

It needs to be a linguistic feature, adverb, noun, adjective etc.
thats annoying! what did you guys do for leadership

Yes, phrase is fine, it can be seen as a language feature.
That's good then, you shouldn't lose many marks at all
thats annoying! what did you guys do for leadership

I didn't spend much time on part C at all.
Found a random page in chapter 8 (think page 67) and wrote about Napoleon and contrasted it to Snowball's leadership and wrote he's lazy, deceptive etc.
It was a battle when the human farmers destroyed the windmill
Anyone done the Hound of the Baskervilles?
Original post by Crepsley8
Yeah, same most people in our class chose the growing up one lool, I didn't know what to write at all.
Yeah, thats what I liked about Mrs Dubose, you could focus on that one chapter and didn't have to flick through the whole book. Yeah wrote how she was a basic metaphor for Atticus in the trial

Yeah me too, I put how the whole Miss Dubose thing was mirrored by atticus in the trial! Woo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending