The Student Room Group

New Posting Text Editor - Now Live for everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula
Clicking the quick reply button (little white square with a pen writing on it) used to automatically quote that post. Now I have to click the multi quote button.

same
For me the multi quote thing isn't even working now, it just quotes in one post? How strange!

edit: Yep the quick reply isn't doing its job quoting in another user...

@+ polarity -

what is this
Original post by + polarity -
what is this

It's the new quote/tagging thing that was recently discussed about in the TSR news/help/feedback section of the site. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

edit: here we go:

Original post by Captain Jack
Hi everyone,After some rigorous testing, our new version of the posting text editor (the very box you use to type posts) is now live for everyone :smile:It includes the new Tagging, @ quoting and f: forum linking functionality.

Tagging is done using the little tag icon, you just start typing their name (no need or an @ symbol)

Type @ followed by usernames to directly tag someone in a post

Type f: followed by forum names to select a forum and create a link to it instantly

Add images on mobile

Get more smilies on mobile

As well as being slicker, much faster - especially on mobile. It also makes the advanced options easily accessible on any page.Enjoy, and please let us know if you notice any bugs or issues :smile:Happy days.Jack
(edited 8 years ago)
This has made using the site borderline unusable on my phone. Since it was brought in every page loads slower and jumps around hugely.

Writing any long post is a nightmare - typing lags for longer and longer. I'm not a fast typer but I often type 3/4 words and then have to wait while they gradually appear.
Original post by PQ
This has made using the site borderline unusable on my phone. Since it was brought in every page loads slower and jumps around hugely.

Writing any long post is a nightmare - typing lags for longer and longer. I'm not a fast typer but I often type 3/4 words and then have to wait while they gradually appear.

Thanks PQ, we've noticed similar problems and we are going to investigate it today to understand what is going on to fix it. Will keep you and everyone updated.
Original post by Dez
It is now working. :smile:

Hey there,

How exactly do you use the f: function? Can someone please explain to me? thanks.
Reply 67
Original post by spotify95
Hey there,

How exactly do you use the f: function? Can someone please explain to me? thanks.

You just type f: and then the section and choose from the drop down list
Oxford Colleges for instance, or Technology and computers
D&CA, Comunity ect. Don't work though.
Original post by Aph
You just type f: and then the section and choose from the drop down list
Oxford Colleges for instance, or Technology and computers
D&CA, Comunity ect. Don't work though.

Just had a look and although AAM, AASL, AACT won't work, Forum Games does work! :smile:

Thank you! x

Forum games
I'm about to rage quit with this. Earlier, I was in the process of drafting the mother of all replies to She-Ra in that "we're getting rid of the mods" thread, I pressed submit and it spagged out, didn't go through and thought, ffs, but it's ok, it'll have saved the post, so I pressed back and then forward to the reply - not there.

What's the ****ing point.
Original post by Mad Vlad
I'm about to rage quit with this. Earlier, I was in the process of drafting the mother of all replies to She-Ra in that "we're getting rid of the mods" thread, I pressed submit and it spagged out, didn't go through and thought, ffs, but it's ok, it'll have saved the post, so I pressed back and then forward to the reply - not there.

What's the ****ing point.

I've had a LOT of problems with it too, from it not inserting images to it saying it's sending my post and then nothing appears in the thread. :rolleyes:
Nearly gave up trying to make a short post from my phone yesterday after "something went wrong" for the third time.
@Captain Jack

Will sections (ie. Study Help) or any like that ever be added, even if that were done by using:

[noparse]s:s-smilie:tudy Help[/noparse]

Especially for the Welcome Squad, this would be extremely helpful...

Just wandering if any plans to do this at all?
Original post by mobbsy91
@Captain Jack

Will sections (ie. Study Help) or any like that ever be added, even if that were done by using:

[noparse]s:s-smilie:tudy Help[/noparse]

Especially for the Welcome Squad, this would be extremely helpful...

Just wandering if any plans to do this at all?

Hiya
Yes, good suggestion. It won't happen immediately but it would be good to have these I agree.

Jack
Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya
Yes, good suggestion. It won't happen immediately but it would be good to have these I agree.

Jack

Cheers Jack, have a good weekend.
I thought it was good but then I actually started posting and not @ ing people

I don't like it! :sigh:

cant copy and paste. I have to edit my posts. it crashes multiple time when I try and post and loses what ive typed. and for vm, idk If this is to do with vms but since then I cant edit vms either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending