Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harricarter11)
    Got an offer from Downing for Vet medicine Anyone else got offers for 2012?
    Well done I've got an offer for law!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    looks like its only me and you going this year Pete haha
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done offer holders If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (I'm a second year studying Phys NatSci)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Downing 2012, MPhil in Finance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIt'sPete)
    Well done I've got an offer for law!
    Me too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impster)
    Me too
    Wahey, nice one!

Which day were you interviewed on?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIt'sPete)
    Wahey, nice one!

Which day were you interviewed on?
    Well done on yours
    The 6th- you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, i've got an offer for medicine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte9420)
    hey everyone, i've got an offer for medicine
    Well done!
    I still cant believe that I have an offer - hasnt quite sunk in yet haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    I still cant believe that I have an offer - hasnt quite sunk in yet haha
    well done to you too!! oh my gosh, exact same! had to have a sneaky peak at the acceptance letter again the other day to make sure i hadn't made it all up :P
    i'm getting so worried about not getting the grades now though! would be so bad to not make the offer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well done to you too!! oh my gosh, exact same! had to have a sneaky peak at the acceptance letter again the other day to make sure i hadn't made it all up :P
    i'm getting so worried about not getting the grades now though! would be so bad to not make the offer
    After I had told my friends and family about my offer, i got worried that i might have misread the email (they emailed me because i was pooled). Would have been well embarassing if i'd have imagined it haha.

Is your A* specified? Mine says it could be from any -Biology Maths or Chemistry...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    After I had told my friends and family about my offer, i got worried that i might have misread the email (they emailed me because i was pooled). Would have been well embarassing if i'd have imagined it haha.

Is your A* specified? Mine says it could be from any -Biology Maths or Chemistry...
    aww haha!! could you imagine? "you know i said i got an offer from cambridge? well.. i imagined it, soz guys."
    so which college did you apply to originally?
    nope it's not specified for me either out of bio, chem, maths or physics for me.. and then have to have at least an A in chem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    aww haha!! could you imagine? "you know i said i got an offer from cambridge? well.. i imagined it, soz guys."
    so which college did you apply to originally?
    nope it's not specified for me either out of bio, chem, maths or physics for me.. and then have to have at least an A in chem.
    I applied to Clare, but Downing was one of my favourites too so i'm happy
    Have you had to do a CRB check?
    I sent mine off to the Uni without any money/cheque to pay for it - I can tell from the email Downing College sent me telling me to pay up that they already think i'm a bit dim before i've even started haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Downing really all sporty, outgoing people as they say?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anhedonia)
    Is Downing really all sporty, outgoing people as they say?
    No! There are quite a few people like that, yes, but there are also plenty of people who aren't sporty at all (like me!). It just means there are lots of chances to play sport - you don't have to take them. We also have a choir and a big band, if you prefer music
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topaz_eyes)
    No! There are quite a few people like that, yes, but there are also plenty of people who aren't sporty at all (like me!). It just means there are lots of chances to play sport - you don't have to take them. We also have a choir and a big band, if you prefer music
    Good to know that! It was the only thing keeping me from wholeheartedly committing to Downing- I thought I'd feel tremendously out of place around all the outgoing, athletic sort. Clearly, I'm not the most sociable of people. :rolleyes: Is it alright to want to be alone at Downing or will people view you differently, do you know?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anhedonia)
    Good to know that! It was the only thing keeping me from wholeheartedly committing to Downing- I thought I'd feel tremendously out of place around all the outgoing, athletic sort. Clearly, I'm not the most sociable of people. :rolleyes: Is it alright to want to be alone at Downing or will people view you differently, do you know?
    Everyone needs some time alone - you might not get much in fresher's week, but otherwise it's completely fine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay so im just about to do my AS exams and i want to apply to cambridge, the college i was immediately drawn to was downing.

ive looked at st johns, kings, queens, peterhouse all trying to make an informed decision, but downing shouts out pick me. i know its a long way off for me yet but it makes me feel more comfortable and settled in my mind if i know what my targets are in advance

i guess what im asking is, why is downing the best?

well done to everyone with offers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guys with offers for next year, have you seen this? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0493057007538/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Clare, but Downing was one of my favourites too so i'm happy
    Have you had to do a CRB check?
    I sent mine off to the Uni without any money/cheque to pay for it - I can tell from the email Downing College sent me telling me to pay up that they already think i'm a bit dim before i've even started haha
    aww so it's all good anyways yeah i had to do a crb check too! completely messed up the front page by putting my first name in the surname box... so hopeless! hahaha that is exactly the kind of thing i would do! i bet the admissions office love us !
    also i'm super confused about a form they sent in with the pack about financial support.. it's like, tick this if you've been assessed and are eligible for support.. or something along those lines. does it mean student loans or the whole getting grants thing ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2014
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.